• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

As a rugby fan, what/who do you look forward to over the next 4 years?

Will take longer than 2019 if you ask me, they need to be playing against top tiers regularly to know where to benchmark themselves.

10 years and we could see some exciting rugby from them.

I think what we must remember is... They take like the top 3% of athletes for NFL, if not less. Just imagine it, a professional league for rugby, to tap into all of that other percentage for people to reach their dreams of becoming a "sports professional". It is really quite a major thing. It is not like the college football players that don't make it have anywhere else to go either, you don't just switch to basketball, or ice hockey. There is literally only the CFL (Canadian Football League), rugby is something you could switch to almost instantly...

Just as an example, you have guys that could borderline make the USA Men's Sprint team, that don't make an NFL team. There is a crazy amount of talent out in America, that never make it anywhere.

I think what we must remember is... They take like the top 3% of athletes for NFL, if not less. Just imagine it, a professional league for rugby, to tap into all of that other percentage for people to reach their dreams of becoming a "sports professional". It is really quite a major thing. It is not like the college football players that don't make it have anywhere else to go either, you don't just switch to basketball, or ice hockey. There is literally only the CFL (Canadian Football League), rugby is something you could switch to almost instantly...

Just as an example, you have guys that could borderline make the USA Men's Sprint team, that don't make an NFL team. There is a crazy amount of talent out in America, that never make it anywhere.

I don't doubt they have a crazy amount of talent waiting to be tapped into, but it takes years to get systems and processes in place that make a successful culture and environment for people to develop in. Sure they have plenty of great athletes but from a rugby brain perspective these guys need to playing for years before they start adding value.

Japan continuing their upward curve and causing more upsets along the way.
America finally embracing the 15 a side game
Springboks getting the chance to rebuild a new team with all the old players gone and there's some real talent coming through already.
Argentina upsetting the All Blacks(It's a long shot, but possible)
Superrugby getting exciting again with the addition of some new teams from Japan and Argentina and some games being played at places never before thought of, such as Singapore and Tokyo.

Oh, I dunno - it's really easy to upset the All Blacks - just disrespect the Haka; by doing... well, anything other than standing there and taking it like a good little boy. Personally, I'd favour a nice, condescending round of applause and a handshake.

I look forward to
Argentina becoming better and better.
The new pro league in the USA (and soon Canada), which I hope will develop their national sides and hopefully rugby in the whole continent
Improvement of 2 tier nations, causing more upsets to the traditional sides.
More teams from 2 tier nations involved at the Challenge Cup (with good chances to at least causing some surprises.
Promotion/relegation system at the 6 nations
Harlequins becoming champions at every competition we get involved into *just dreaming*
Returning of traditional rugby shirts *just dreaming again too* :moqueur::moqueur::moqueur:

Japan continuing their upward curve and causing more upsets along the way.
America finally embracing the 15 a side game
Springboks getting the chance to rebuild a new team with all the old players gone and there's some real talent coming through already.
Superrugby getting exciting again with the addition of some new teams from Japan and Argentina and some games being played at places never before thought of, such as Singapore and Tokyo.

The only way super rugby will get exciting is if we can ditch the conference divisions and get back to playing everyone again, it sucks seeing local sides playing each other three times

The only way super rugby will get exciting is if we can ditch the conference divisions and get back to playing everyone again, it sucks seeing local sides playing each other three times

Yes, I agree a 100%, I don't know where this conference bullsh*t came from in the first place.

Oh, I dunno - it's really easy to upset the All Blacks - just disrespect the Haka; by doing... well, anything other than standing there and taking it like a good little boy. Personally, I'd favour a nice, condescending round of applause and a handshake.

Thats where the rest of the world gets it all wrong.
When you disrespect the haka is when you get hammered.
Stand up to it like a man, if you're man enough.

Argentina upsetting the All Blacks?
It's gonna happen sometime, most likely in Argentina but they are getting very good so it's only a matter of time.

With the announcement of the American Pro League, I can add this to my list of something that I will find very interesting.

It is safe to say, "the Americans are coming..". Will they have an Argentinian-esque "dark horse" status before 2019? We will see.

Lets hope not nothing worse than americans when they win something

Latest posts