• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes: The Third Test

M

M-Time

With play soon to commence it is unsure whether McGrath will play or not. Brett Lee is defiantely in, however.

McGrath is in the side, Australia Lost the Toss and England choose to Bat....

The Teams are as Follows:

Umpires: S A Bucknor, B F Bowden

England: M E Trescothick, A J Strauss, M P Vaughan, I R Bell, K P Pietersen, A Flintoff, G O Jones, A F Giles, M J Hoggard, S J Harmison, S P Jones

Australia: M L Hayden, J L Langer, R T Ponting, D R Martyn, M J Clarke, S M Katich, A C Gilchrist, S K Warne, B Lee, J N Gillespie, G D McGrath

Sly b@stards, both Lee & McGrath playing. Can someone post relevant thought sna dinsight about cricket in general if England are doing well, so i can use them to mock my aussie housemate?

Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 11 2005, 09:48 PM
Sly b@stards, both Lee & McGrath playing. Can someone post relevant thought sna dinsight about cricket in general if England are doing well, so i can use them to mock my aussie housemate?
Mock him with boastings of English cricket? Are you looking to be buried? Australia's won the Ashes consistently for well over a decade and it's gotten to the point where even Aussies out here are almost keen on seeing an English victory if only to add a bit of spice to the Ashes again!

She's a girl, actually, and she knows less than me about cricket.

Gillespie looks like a Lebanese Rent Boy.

England on top after day one despite Shane Warne picking up his 600th test wicket. Trescothick looked to be well set before getting out on 63, Strauss went cheaply as did Peterson. Bell is looking to go on and make a century after ending the day on 59 not out but the star performance of the day has to go to Michael Vaughan's knock of 166, will be dissappointed he didn't go on and make the double hundred after looking in such good form but relieved to finally make a score nonetheless.

Australia may only have 10 batsmen if Michael Clarke's injury doesn't clear up. England will be looking to consolidate tomorow with Flintoff, Jones and Giles all to come yet. England 341-5.

England doing well. Too many drop catches, mostly Gilly's fault. Australia will need to bowl them out early tonight.

Very much England's day again, despite not making too much progress in their innings, ending 444 all out, they certainly kept the pressure on the Aussies with their bowling performance, Giles continuing his good form from last week and Jones chipping in as well with 3 wickets. Warne again proving to be an unlikely saviour with the bat after his antics last week. Australia 210-7, 34 runs short of the follow-on target.

Rain was the winner on day 3 as only 8 overs play was possible at Old Trafford, hardly surprising to get some rain in Manchester. In the 8 overs that were possible Australia managed to avoid the follow on by 1 run with Shane Warne making his best score against England, 67 not out.

Still enough time for a positive result for either team, play will start tomorow and Monday at 10am and go through till 7pm weather permitting.

Actually got another 6 overs in late on, Australia onto 264-7 with Warne 78 not out.

yeah rain was the big winner yesterday. england will have to bat again it seems after aus avoided the follow on. England need to finish off aus as quickly as possible tomorrow then bat to establish a good lead leaving enough time to bowl australia out or at worst draw the game

why hasent gillespie been dumped yet? 1-114 at 6 an over in the first innings isnt exactly world class.

maybe his batting has saved him, not really a good enough excuse I know, he should be dropped, give Kasprowicz another chance

Warne fell short of his maiden century on 90 and England have dismissed Australia for 302, a lead of 142 runs.

Either result still possible but with their lead England have to be favourites, despite of nearly falling short at Edgbaston.

Horrible feeling that the Aussies are going to bat through the day - the weather may beat us even if the Aussies don't.

Big ask to pick up 8 wickets with the weather and still a decent enough Aussie lineup to fight against.

Jones should be the key for England, if he can get into a decent rhythm with the old ball then he may make some serious inrodes in this afternoon session, so long as he can get the support, most likely from Flintoff or Giles. Hoggard and Harmison have hardly been firing on all cylinders.

4 down now, we need to get Ponting and Gilchrist out within an hour to have a chance, Clarke and Warne can bat.

Only 3 needed now with Ponting still at the crease unbeaten on 117, Aussies only need 152 to win, can't see that happening though.

If we can get one of these two out VERY quickly we should win the game. I think this game is huge for the series. If England win, then we shouldn't lose the series, but if this is a draw, it's all open again.

Latest posts