TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Here's the first gameplay trailer that was shown at E3:

Pirate assassins! Can't wait!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good but so did AC3, and that was kinda disappointing. i do think this will be better though as AC3 was running on a Next gen engine and was to much for the ps3/360 and the stuff that the team is saying seems like they're going in the right direction.

Looks really good but so did AC3, and that was kinda disappointing. i do think this will be better though as AC3 was running on a Next gen engine and was to much for the ps3/360 and the stuff that the team is saying seems like they're going in the right direction.

I quite liked AC3. and the step-up they made was fantastic.

But this one will be even better! Diving under water, looking for sunken treasure, double pistol fight action, more Naval Warfare (which I quite liked in AC3), and the fact that he can use items in the surroundings to fight with lets me think they got that from Hitman.

I just felt AC3's story and character were a let down which is why I was let down, in terms of gameplay features it was very good missions were a bit to scripted but these are all areas they are looking to adress form what I can tell.

So it's out today...

I have decided to show some will power, and not buy it now. I'm going to wait for the PS4 and buy AC4 along with the console.

Who has it and what are your thoughts on the game? Please don't post any spoilers.

I've got it and i'm liking it so far i think your right about getting it next gen it looks a bit dodgy on 360. But it's definitely more fun than 3.

I'm embarrassed to say I've not even got AC3 :(
Considering how massively I was into the previous AC games this is a travesty. Went into town today to pick up BF4 (didn't realise that it's only out today in America, D'oh!) and saw the posters for Black Flag so I've made it my mission to finally complete Revelations, then buy and complete 3 (it's only about £20 new, so will be even cheaper used) then smash out Black Flag.

I'm embarrassed to say I've not even got AC3 :(
Considering how massively I was into the previous AC games this is a travesty. Went into town today to pick up BF4 (didn't realise that it's only out today in America, D'oh!) and saw the posters for Black Flag so I've made it my mission to finally complete Revelations, then buy and complete 3 (it's only about £20 new, so will be even cheaper used) then smash out Black Flag.

Just be careful when playing AC3 if you rush it it's a bad game make sure you take your time and do homestead missions.

Ive always found AC to be a game I enjoy watching others play but not myself. So will watch one of the walkthroughs on youtube and consider that "playing" it

Think I'm going to have to wait a while to get this unfortunately. Looks really good be interesting to see the direction it goes after 3's ending.

I got a coupon from my employer with 50 euro's discount at a Game Store. Just ordered the game, will arrive tomorrow. It will be my first Assassin's Creed game so I have no idea what to expect.

AC2 was genuinely one of the best games I've played - the main character and story was excellent and the gameplay was enjoyable. AC3 just missed what I enjoyed about AC2+it's expansions - as colonial America just didn't have the huge cities to scale - and I never felt being able to climb trees were a sufficient substitute. I think this may be similar to AC3 - with no great cities instead focusing on the ship balltes much more - which always appared to me to be more of a mini-game than a part to base the game around.

I loved parts of AC 3 but than other parts felt like a let down. I really enjoyed the setting as all of the game takes place within a ten hour drive at maximum from where I live and the wilderness parts are even closer e.g. the Mohawk Valley the tie in and living the history of North America was pretty awesome for me. My main problem was with Connor being a fairly uninteresting or compelling character, especially after how awesome controlling Haytham was in the first 25-30% of the game.

I will probably get this one but going to wait a bit, I played 3 only a couple of months ago.

Edit: Saw it was 80 dollars here LOL, I will be waiting a LONG time for this one LOL, that's absolutely outrageous for a game. I won't consider it until it drops down by half.

Last edited:
In australia the game is like
$125 aud

rip off litimed edition

Latest posts