• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Attachments

S

smartcooky

Could someone please explain how to attach an image to a post?

There doesn't appear to be an upload button anywhere on the post reply page, or at least not one that is obvious!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 20 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There doesn't appear to be an upload button anywhere on the post reply page, or at least not one that is obvious![/b]

second button to the right of the emoticons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 24 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 20 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There doesn't appear to be an upload button anywhere on the post reply page, or at least not one that is obvious![/b]

second button to the right of the emoticons.
[/b][/quote]

If you mean this one
rte-image-button.png
its an image link not an attachment upload.

How do I upload a photo from my own computer and attach it to a post?

Open yourself an account with Photobucket - http://photobucket.com/

Once you've uploaded a picture there, get the link including the [*IMG] code, so for example

Code:
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o35/smartcooky99/SignatureRF.gif[/img]

Will create

SignatureRF.gif

et voilla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 24 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Open yourself an account with Photobucket ............[/b]

OK. I already know how to do that, but thanks anyway.

So I take it there is no facility to upload files directly from my computer.

I thought there was since there is an option to manage attachments at The Rugby Forum > Your control panel > Manage Your Attachments. Obvously it has been disabled

No probs, I'll just use my photobucket account.

To shed some light. You can disable attachments in Invision's, the software being used, ACP (Admin Control Panel). Normally when you reply to a thread or start a new thread if attachments are enabled they are an option below the text box you type your post in.

And before you ask, yes am helping to get a movie site up and running again that uses Invision :)

Latest posts