• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Auckland vs Canterbury

I'm not to sure on the squad rules for the ITM cup but wouldn't Nasi Manu and Colin Slade play for like a Highlanders feder club, ie. Otago & Southland?

Although Smartcooky is right you would not have been as far from the truth ast season, up until this year the majority of the players came from one of the feeder unions and only players unwated by their home Franchise would go into the draft and get picked up by other franchises.

It is only from the season onwards that Franchises are able to directly contract payers so pretty much anyone can play for anyone now hence how we, the Highlanders, have been able to fill a gaping hole in our backline by bringing in Slade from Canterbury.....or was supposed to anyway! Sopanga from Wellington as backup....and Tony Brown from beyond the grave to scare the hell out of the oposition.......TONY BROWN FOR CARTERS BACKUP! ;)

Great game to watch, Auckland were out of it then came back.

I was impressed with Colin Slade, I think for sure he is a better option than Cruden for the All Blacks though I do wonder about goal kicking. Slades goal kicking is just a big unknown right now. Which kinda does worry me a bit as far as the All Blacks go.

Crotty was impressive as expected, he really does deserve a lot more than being stuck behind SBW & Fruen. I think he's better than both on defense and he's shown he's no mug on attack that's fore sure.

Tony knocked over a drop goal on thursday...just saying

and Crotty might get moe time next year with SBW heading off i guess

Last edited:

Latest posts