• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Audiosurf - gaming revolation!

J

jinxed_nz

Well just a few days ago i was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of the brand new indie game "Audiosurf". I had heard a few things about this game though words of game reviewers like Jeff Gerstmann but had not really taken much notice. But then come release time, all I heard was magic! So when I managed to get it going I was keen to see what all the fuss was about.

First off ill give a lil bit of info, to those who don't know, audiosurf is a game that basically makes your music into something simila to ummm wipeout?? Maybe not quite but thats as close as i can thing of a game. By your music, I mean any single peace of music you can think of. This may not sound interesting on its own but the game makes a wonderful job of making any music, from bennie and the jets to enter sandman fun to "ride". It doesnt stop there. While you are surfing you selected tune you gain points for picking up squares along the way and making combos setting challenges and so on. This score is then saed at the end and places you on a points ranking for each song. Now I was amazed at how well this ranking system is working. Not only is there a large and uptodate board displayed but just about any song you can think of has been done before. I was amazed to find only a few of the songs I tried to have noone else set a record on them before!

SOOOOO basically what Im trying to say is "GET THIS GAME"!! its easy on system specs, cheap to buy due to its indie and if we can get enough players we can make a buddy list of songs and see who can beat who! 2 days ago I heald the world record for points on casual mode for Elton John "Benny and the jets" btw i hate that song. I just found it to be one of the songs i needed to try to see the broad range of songs.

Heres a picture:

audiosurf.jpg

I picked this up on release too and it's a little gem of a game. supports basically any kind of music too and the guy has already updated it several times. already had some battles with a few mates over some songs that we all have.

Latest posts