Aussie teen leaves the sport in dramatic fashion

Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
If you watch this video really carefully, you'll see the precise moment that black #7 decides he's switching to rugby league.

Gotta love his skipper's look of disbelief.

Just been reading about this - he's got a 10 year ban from the sport. :oops: Apparently there is footage of him kicking & punching an opponent in literally the match before this one so it's hard to feel sorry for him.

EDIT: delete pls. My position is so not main stream i'll be accused of trolling/spamming.

That was just plain assault.

I hope he does jail time.

and very sad a young ref may have been have been driven away. I haven't read anything to suggest that but i know it would taint my view of a job

and very sad a young ref may have been have been driven away. I haven't read anything to suggest that but i know it would taint my view of a job

Yep, that is an area of concern for me,. It only takes one incident like this to put you off for a long time, even permanently in some cases.

I hope he's getting a lot of support from his Refs Association.

How long do you think he should have got?
2 years minimum four years max... condition that he go through a certain amount of counseling before he would return to game

at some point increasing the length of the suspension doesn't really do anything do discourage behavior and is just the punisher showing what he can do... like what 18 year old that isn't deterred by a 4 year suspension is gonna be deterred by a 10 year one

if australia has a history of filing criminal charges in on field incidences then i hope they do press charges... in america there seems to be some type of idea that when you cross the white line you are no longer protected by the justice system but rather the organizing body

my issue is that what would people want the suspension to be if there was a player from the opposing team standing next to the ref and he threw the punch at the opponent

when it comes to violent actions that have no place in the game... i.e. coldcocking, eye gouging, certain types of kicks, etc,. it shouldn't really matter who you do it since assault and battery is assault and battery no matter who the victim is. assigning different punishments based on the status of the victim is something that i don't think should be accepted by society.

Well, apparently my position wasn't as odd as i thought it was.

Should be banned for life,
No excuse for that, he's not some toddler lashing out because someone took his rattle, he's 18 and he's more than old enough to know that you shouldn't sucker punch a referee in the throat.

Fair enough. Let me rephrase then: it's at least twice as popular of what i thought it would be. I particularly agree with the last part of your last post.

Latest posts