16.James McCormack
17.Matt Dunning *
18.Will Caldwell
19.David Croft *
20.Josh Holmes
21.Morgan Turinui *
22.Adam Ashley-Cooper *

* denotes has played for the Wallabies.

Looks like a good team although im surprised to see the Brumbies third string hooker McCormack get a spot over Polota-Nau.

Great to see Richard Brown has been given the #7 jersey after such a frustrating year with injuries, he was great in the games he did play this year and will be a key player for the Force next season.

First time we get to see the new Force back 3 in action so i hope Fox Sports pull there finger out and show this bloody match.

Not sure what the Fiji team is but i know that winger Sekove Leawere, hooker Joeli Lotawa, halfback Emosi Vucago, centre Maleli Kunavore and flanker Semisi Naevo have been dropped for this match after they went on a bender in Japan and missed training,got into a brawl and trashed a hotel room in Osaka. :lol:

Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 11 2006, 03:58 PM
That's a pretty good A team... Is this going to be telecast?
I just called Foxtel again and they said that they dont have the rights to the game :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Originally posted by The TRUTH+Jul 11 2006, 08:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jul 11 2006, 03:58 PM
That's a pretty good A team... Is this going to be telecast?
I just called Foxtel again and they said that they dont have the rights to the game :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: [/b]
F#CK they're a bunch of muppets! Why can't they get a dedicated rugby channel??? We've got an AFL FFS.

How hard could it be to get the rights to an Australia 'A' game? About as hard as trying to quantify why your friends like or support you, that's how hard.

Australia 'A' outclasses Fiji, 47-18

71439323_page_image.jpg

Australia A scored a comprehensive win against Fiji last night, outclassing the visitors 47-18 in the 2006 Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series match at Adelaide Oval.
Despite forecasted rain, 6,174 fans braved the cold but dry night to watch the return of international Rugby to Adelaide after two years. And they weren't disappointed.

Following a scrappy start by both teams, Australia found its rhythm and fullback Cameron Shepherd found the tryline, scoring his first of a hat trick of tries seven minutes in.

Bundaberg Rum Man-of-the Match Digby Ioane celebrated his 21st birthday with the home team's second hat trick, terrorising the opposition with each touch of the ball.

The youngster, playing out of his comfort zone on the right wing, was outstanding for Australia A, gaining enormous ground for his team, often with several defenders in tow.

The Australian backline was also impressive, continually probing the opposition and exploiting gaps in Fiji's defence.

While perhaps not reflected in the final score, Fiji was also strong, frequently cutting down Australia's defence while on the counter attack.

The visitors came back towards the end of the match, posting three tries in seven minutes, all against the run of play and all much to the surprise of the Australians.
Fiji's last try, which they scored on the full time whistle, was the team's best example of their trademark fast and exciting style of play, the ball passing through several sets of hands before it reached the tryline.

Both teams now travel to Melbourne for a second match, on Saturday 22 July at Olympic Park.

Australia A 47 (Cameron Shepherd 3, Digby Ioane 3, Adam Ashley-Cooper tries, Cameron Shepherd con, 2 pens, Josh Valentine con, Sam Norton-Knight con) defeated

Fiji 18 (Luveitasau Mosese, Akapusi Qera, Jeremaia Tuilevu tries, Jo Tora pen).

Half time: Australia A 23-3
Referee: Brett Bowden (Australia)
Crowd: 6,174

Bundaberg Rum Man-of-the-Match: Digby Ioane, Australia A

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/australia_a_o...l/section/21893
[/b]

Ioane and Shepherd with a hat-trick each........ nice! ,wish i could 'av watched the bloody game.

Well Australia 'A' smashed Fiji again in there second match on friday night 80-9 scoring 12 tries to zip.

The Western Force back three scored another 6 tries, this time it was Drew Mitchell with a hat-trick off the bench, M.O.T.M Cameron Shepherd scored 2 and Ioane set up a few and scored 1 himself.

i went to the game on saturday night, it was unformtunately pretty embarrasing for the fijians. i wanted them to score at least 1 try. it's not that exciting when it's a one way street but good experience for the A's

Latest posts