• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in India

A

An Tarbh

So day 1 of the first test and Ponting has already got the monkey off his back with his first century against the Indians in India. Lucky though not to be given out when Koertzen, why is it ever a surprise that he makes a mistake, gave him not out off what he thought was a bump ball. Should have gone to the third umpire.

Australia though going along quite nicely on 214-2

Good end to the day for India with Zaheer Khan picking up Clarke right at the death, plum lbw so no difficulties for Koertzen there.

254-4 at the close of play.

Matty Hayden wasn't out, so I guess it evens up the score a little bit. Really glad that punter took it to the Indians and scored a ton, he would have to be the second best batsman in Australian history the way he is going.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Oct 9 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Matty Hayden wasn't out, so I guess it evens up the score a little bit. Really glad that punter took it to the Indians and scored a ton, he would have to be the second best batsman in Australian history the way he is going.[/b]

yeah that was a bit early for me so I missed that one, saw the replay, would expect better from Rauf though he's one of the better umpires and the lbw on Ponting was a dodgy one as well.

Some dodgy decisions by Raouf today, much be catching something off Koertzen, good thing for India that Harbahjan is showing some form with the bat although at this rate what odds he's stumped by another dodgy call.

Great batting from Harbhajan and Zaheer Khan at the end of the day, bet the Aussies are ****** off :lol: . The pitch suddenly transformed after the covers came off after that brief shower, looks like a perfect batting wicket again.

Big wicket though getting Harbahjan, Kumble's no mug with the bat but the Aussies will be looking to wrap this up early tomorrow. Any lead looks like it'll be decisive.

Like the commentators were saying, I don't think punter would be enforcing the follow-on anyway. Cameron White, I have now established, does not turn the ball. At all. I had to give the telly up at tea, did he actually get a wicket?
Rob, how did you get interested in cricket if you don't mind me asking? You don't see many Irish following it, that's all!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Oct 12 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Like the commentators were saying, I don't think punter would be enforcing the follow-on anyway. Cameron White, I have now established, does not turn the ball. At all. I had to give the telly up at tea, did he actually get a wicket?
Rob, how did you get interested in cricket if you don't mind me asking? You don't see many Irish following it, that's all![/b]

Nah White hasn't picked up a wicket yet. He got close to getting Ganguly (or was it Harbahjan?) off a ball that skimmed after hitting the rough, silly mid on dropped a tough catch. Your right though, he hardly turns it all without the aid of a bit of scuff on the wicket.

So plenty going on in this test, firstly Sachin gets the all time number of runs and then breaks the 12000 run barrier, pity he couldn't kick on and make another century to really put the icing on the cake.

Excellent first total for India, with Ganguly, Dhoni and Tendulkar the main contributors. Shades of the first test with stubborn resistance down the order as Watson and Lee have a decent partnership going, currently 240-7 chasing down India's 469.

We're getting shat on, now I really feel our team is really missing the likes of Langer, Gilchrist, Warne etc
we seem to be handing out baggygreens like pizza coupons atm, to players that dont deserve it. Lee's off field problems are affecting his game

Bring in Ashley Noffke.

I thought the thread ***le meant that this thread would be about the Men At Work song - Down Under

What a debut Mishra is having taking 5-71 in the 1st innings. Sehwag and Gambhir cutting loose last night was great to see with them ending up on 100-0. Two whole days left meaning it's India's game to lose from here. I hope they can declare by lunch time today with a 400 plus run lead, should bowl Australia out with Mishra, Harbhajan, Khan and Sharma all bowling superbly.

India is a desperately difficult place to play in for any team and the rather old fashioned style in which the Indians play tends to frustrate the likes of Australia to tears of bitter anger. Case in point that the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman, in the classic Boycott mould, will not hurry up for anyone, frankly do not care which part of the outback, Yorkshire or South Africa you've come from and will play the game at their own pace, thank you very much!

The likes of Australia, England and South Africa these days tend to be always searching for ways of winning Test Matches by the third day. They crave speed, piling on hundreds of runs within hours and pressurising teams from the get go. It just doesn't really work like that with India who always seem to work to the five day timetable of old.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 20 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
India is a desperately difficult place to play in for any team and the rather old fashioned style in which the Indians play tends to frustrate the likes of Australia to tears of bitter anger. Case in point that the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman, in the classic Boycott mould, will not hurry up for anyone, frankly do not care which part of the outback, Yorkshire or South Africa you've come from and will play the game at their own pace, thank you very much!

The likes of Australia, England and South Africa these days tend to be always searching for ways of winning Test Matches by the third day. They crave speed, piling on hundreds of runs within hours and pressurising teams from the get go. It just doesn't really work like that with India who always seem to work to the five day timetable of old.[/b]

I know what you mean in particular with Dravid who has a strike rate of 10

cant say that about Sehwag he's out there swinging!

Depends I think atm Australia should go back to the basics and one is dont give up your wicket so easy and just block every ball.

SA can be good at that aka Kallis

the only impatient teams are the crap ones like Bangladesh work on that and they will be a better team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 20 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The likes of Australia, England and South Africa these days tend to be always searching for ways of winning Test Matches by the third day. They crave speed, piling on hundreds of runs within hours and pressurising teams from the get go. It just doesn't really work like that with India who always seem to work to the five day timetable of old.[/b]

I think Ponting made a derisory comment about India playing Old School Cricket. <insert obvious joke here>. The pitches are lot slower than Australian pitches, which of course suits the Indians style. Still that was a thumping loss.

Well you only have to look at the Indian second innings to throw that nonsense comment out the window going at a more than decent run rate. It wasn't exactly slow going in the first innings either. Stellar run rate from his side though.

Day 2 of the fourth test and India all out for 441.

Now the remarkable thing is debutant Krejza has taken 8 wickets! Unbelieveable tough, even though he was really expensive at 8/215 hammered at 4.90 an over.

I want to see highlights of his wickets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 7 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Day 2 of the fourth test and India all out for 441.

Now the remarkable thing is debutant Krejza has taken 8 wickets! Unbelieveable tough, even though he was really expensive at 8/215 hammered at 4.90 an over.

I want to see highlights of his wickets.[/b]

How the hell did Krejza make the Australian national team with a **** poor first class bowling average of over 50? That's like a batsman with an average of 10 getting called up. Are Australia this desperate? Shocking.

Botham has been getting his dig in about the Aussies' bowlers saying that without Warne and McGrath they don't amount to much outside of Lee and forecasts an easy win for England in the Ashes cause they do have the bowlers.

Anyway taking wickets is all well and good but you want your spinner to be tying down an end not getting hit out of the park.

Nicely poised at the moment though, with Hussey well set it could be a long day for the Indians tomorrow.

Latest posts