• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in South Africa 2006

Commentators were saying that Gillespie is back in form as well, thought he might have got another chance then with McGrath ruled out for the tour.

Why is it when Australia lose a couple of games their is mass panic, people wanting heads to roll etc. You can't win every game. Hell, every team stumbles...

Just look at what has happened today, back on track... there was no need for the panic.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Mar 5 2006, 01:17 AM
Commentators were saying that Gillespie is back in form as well, thought he might have got another chance then with McGrath ruled out for the tour.
Yeah Dizzies been in form for a while now so has Kaspa but after the way they played in England i couldn't care less if they were never capped again.

Shaun Tait is back from his injury and in the few return games he's been in great form, i think they'll take him over to SA for the tests.

Why is Hayden still batting for Queensland? [/b]

ahhhh because he's a Queenslander ;) ............... nah but i agree he should get another shot in the one day team before the WC.

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Feb 24 2006, 12:31 PM
Andrew "Roy Boy" Symonds is out with a Hip injury, and will miss today's Pro 20 match and possibly the first ODI.

OP SUID AFRIKA!!!
he'll be back in time. :cheers:

Well he should be back for Friday's crucial game in Durban.

Elsewhere the 14 man test squad was anounced. No place for Gillespie who has returned to form domestically with impressive figures. Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke return to the squad.

Australia squad: Ricky Ponting (captain), Adam Gilchrist, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Matthew Hayden, Mike Hussey, Michael Kasprowicz, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Stuart MacGill, Damien Martyn, Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Shane Warne.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Mar 7 2006, 09:15 PM
Australia squad: Ricky Ponting (captain), Adam Gilchrist, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Matthew Hayden, Mike Hussey, Michael Kasprowicz, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Stuart MacGill, Damien Martyn, Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Shane Warne.
This just proves my point that the Aussie selectors are completely stupid.

Brad Hodge?????? how can you drop him after the way he played in his first 5 tests :%#%#:

Bracken?????? what the :%#%#: has he done wrong to justify him being omitted for Kaspa.

Good to see Tait back though , i guess we'll soon find out how good the kid is.

SA scored 8/246....... Aussies must chase that down to stay alive in the series.

Thought the commentators were a bit harsh on Dippenaar, he had no choice but to stick it out, wasn't his fault, that Kallis threw away his wicket, or that Boucher mistimed his shot when caught by Gilchrist. Pollock played a cracking innings though, this one is set up quite nicely.

Under the lights I'd back South Africa, Pollock will be buzzing after his innings, Ntini has been in decent form so I'd back South Africa.

Fair enough, should be fun anyway

If Gilly bats for 10 overs we win easy, if not we still got Ponting ,Hussey and Symonds but it could get really tight.

Hopefully we can get our **** together and force it to a final on sunday.That would be sweet :cheers:

7 Batsmen no Watson ,I would be shocked if we didn't win

thank god the selectors have finally woke up.

Yep , even with a mini collapse we still got plenty of fire power.

Wow Gilly looks sharpe out there, i still hope we get to see Symonds tonight..... doesn't look likely atm.

There's the collapse :lol:

were going to need everyone of those 7 now...... i still like our chances

What a finish, first they were coasting to victory, then the 2 mini collapses, SA really should have wrapped it up in the end but credit to the Aussies, only one series winner from here on in.

Who said tail enders cant bat................. up yours Tony Greg and the other clown.

GREAT STUFF :cheers:

Latest posts