• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in South Africa 2006

Always seems to have been a batting friendly track, there's been plenty of scores over 300 there.

DNAPlay, go read This Forum if you have the time, to sum it up
The TRUTH!! aka The Prick, any of the posts yours? :toss: 'er

"man i just can't help grinning and smiling! so proud to be an aussie!"

"i am bowing down.
i am BOWING down.
BEAUTIFUL.
i am so happy i could cry."

"i am SO SO SO PROUD I LOVE AUSTRALLIA
ONCE A JOLLY SWAGMAN CAMPED BY A BILLABONG"

"Smith will be laying in the corner of the dressing room in the foetal position, shivering and laying in his own piddle..."

"Its just a cricket world prank mate Australia didnt make 400 thats impossible..this hasn't JUST beaten the record. it has DEMOLISHED it."

"If australia is at 1.01 I'd put my house on it.....oh wait....I don't have a house!
But you know what I mean!!!"

"434
Oh man that is 'f***en awesome!
AMAZING. BEAUTIFUL. ORGASM."

"THIS IS SO FUNNY
the southa fricans are trying SO BLOODY HARD
but they stil need more than 360 lmaoooooo"

"f**k if gibbs keeps hitting fours like this he'll get 200 easy"

"MATE THEY ARE NEARLY AT OUR RUN RATE....
LEE IS GETTING SMASHED..."

"Sth Africa are going a lot better than i expected, they have 9 wickets in hand and are keeping close to the run rate, i wonder if they can keep it up."

"THEY WONT WIN!!
GOSH people are so stupid. Oh look they're hitting some boundaries, they're gonna chase 435. Idiots..."

"GET A WICKET YOU STUPID PATHETIC MORONS.
A WICKET, A WICKET, HOW HARD CAN IT BE."

" mtha ***** ' bracken, just hold the ****ing' catch u retard'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"BRACKEN GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY YOU STUPID LOSER, GET OUT I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

TAKE A HAT TRICK AND COME BACK, BUT FOR NOW GET LOST"

"THIS IS F***ING HUMILIATINGGGGGGG"

"Australia are going to be the joke of the cricketing world, we will be known as the team who cannot defend the world record total (before it's broken). We are going to lose, there is no doubt, we're going to lose. We are going to lose making 434, THIS IS A FREAKING JOKE."

"Punter gets it wrong again. How on earth do you lose the unlosable????"

"Mr. Ponting to the head office please, we want a little discussion with you regarding your lack of manipulation of your bowlers. We feel you have displayed a lack of foresight and wondered how you think you went. ??"[/b]

Fooking awesome reading if you have some time on your hand. 70+ pages...

9 / 438 World Record Score!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

Cost of Foxtel = $49.95 per month
Cost of Beer and Biltong = $25

Seeing the faces on the Aussies players and fans after there team has been SMASHED for the highest score in 1day history......= PRICELESS :cheers:

;) :p

OLE OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE!!!!!!

ONS SAL LEWE, ONS SAL STERWE,
ONS VIR JOU SUID AFRIKA!!!!!

Oh and Congratulations on Mick Lewis for getting his first ODI Century!!!

South Africa > Australia

well i am dead

i have had 2 hours sleep, so i aint hanging around to read it all...at work

All i will say is that is cricket at its best

i couldnt go to bed....

crongratulations on south africa - they deserved that vicotry......we had no answers

our bowling was puss

our fielding was puss

and if bracken takes gibbs sitter............it could have been very diferent

but u gotto take ur chances..........we didnt.........we lost

got done by a better outfit

BRING ON THE TESTS
BRING ON THE BANTER

this is fermenting into a brilliant tour

Today in the WI V NZ cricket Ian Smith was commentating and said the Martin Sneddon (NZ cricket CEO) was cracking out the champagne seeing his record of 105 for 2 had finally been passed by Lewis. I lolled at that for a go while.

As someone said, we will never see a ODI better than this. So catch the replay if you have the chance.

Credit must go to the two best cricket teams in the world for putting on a great show. (The groundsman deserves a pat on the back too)

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Mar 13 2006, 12:50 PM
9 / 438 World Record Score!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

Cost of Foxtel = $49.95 per month
Cost of Beer and Biltong = $25

Seeing the faces on the Aussies players and fans after there team has been SMASHED for the highest score in 1day history......= PRICELESS :cheers:

;) :p

OLE OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE!!!!!!

ONS SAL LEWE, ONS SAL STERWE,
ONS VIR JOU SUID AFRIKA!!!!!

Oh and Congratulations on Mick Lewis for getting his first ODI Century!!!

South Africa > Australia
Yes fair play to SA...... and i deserved that Groen

This is the guy my little joke was aimed at, he knows how to give it back .......... plus he's one of the smart ones that now lives in Perth.

Your Sharkies and Cats still lost mate so it wasn't a perfect weekend for u. :p

If i knew my little joke was gonna bring this many SA fanboys out of the video games section then i would have done this a long time ago.

Now all we need is the Cats to cause an upset and maybe we'll get some of these bandwagoners posting in the SH section.

Originally posted by DNAPlay@Mar 13 2006, 06:23 AM
. So bend over... I'll sing the "Aussie Aussie Aussie" part, you do the rest...
What is it with you ******** and the back door?

Here a good reason why i'd never turn my back on a South African....

The Aids Country
The Republic of South Africa is a comparatively large country, covering 1.2 million square kilometres and with an estimated population of about 40 million. Some 13% of all the people in the world living with HIV can be found in South Africa. UNAIDS estimates that at the end of 2003 there were 5.3 million people in South Africa living with HIV, equivalent to 21.5% of the adult population.

The country is comprised of large, crowded cities and sparsely populated rural areas. The average density of the population works out at 29 people per square kilometre, with 60% of these in urban areas and 40% in rural areas. Some parts of the country, especially in the rural areas, are very isolated and underdeveloped. This lack of infrastructure is one of several factors that make it difficult to get a clear picture of the size of the population and the HIV prevalence.

A common method of measuring HIV prevalence in South Africa is by looking at HIV test results taken from pregnant women who attend antenatal clinics. Some areas of South Africa, however, lack antenatal facilities and many women will not have the opportunity to see a midwife during their pregnancy or to take a HIV test. There has also been criticism that this method of measuring prevalence only gives a picture of HIV rates amongst sexually active women, some of whom, due to the stigmatisation experienced by people with HIV, are naturally reluctant to have a test.

A survey published in March 2004 found that South Africans spend more time at funerals than they do having their hair cut, shopping or having Bar-B-Qs. It found that over twice as many people had been to a funeral in the past month as had been to a wedding.1 It is estimated that about 600 people in South Africa die of HIV-related illnesses each day.11

Whatever the precise levels of infection are, what is certainly clear is that the problem is a huge one. For more information about the demographics and statistics of the epidemic in South Africa,

Even the monkeys run in SA , they know whats up.

use a rubber ya dirty *******
bootyshake.gif

Congratulations Truth, you really are the bigger man here.

You firstly sing victory, despite the match having only reached the halfway mark...

You're voiceless once you realise the error of your ways, only responding once someone makes an attack on you...

Then, with the sporting world congratulating Safrica on achieving the impossible, and winning the greatest ever ODI, you come along and point out our country's Aids epidemic, a disease that has taken the lives of millions...

classy...

I'm obviously a simple person, but I still fail to see the relevance between South Africa chasing down 438 for victory in a cricket match, and the fact that the country is home to about 5.3 million Aids carriers...

If you were to ask any of those 5.3 million that given the choice, would they rather see an SA victory, or be cured of their disease, the decision would be made very quickly...

Sport is unbelievable, entertaining, surprising, exciting, brilliant........

But it's not life and death...

So show a bit of humility and swallow your pride...the tests are on their way and your boys are gonna come back stronger than ever...so lets look forward to a great series...

Sorry Truth, I take the second point I made back...

I see you were the first to relay SA's victory to everyone...

So good on 'ya in that respect...

OMG BEST CRICKET GAME OF ALL TIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SOUTH AFRICA!!!!

how can you not defend 434 ponting? lol

lol go aussie. failed to defend 2 huge totals and have now been involved in 2 world record run chases losing both to nz and now sa.

What a super match! Even if australia did lose... great. Many boundaries to keep the crowd excited and a nailbiting run-chase! Yay!

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 13 2006, 09:25 PM
What a super match! Even if australia did lose... great. Many boundaries to keep the crowd excited and a nailbiting run-chase! Yay!
you say that but inside you must be crying

woooohooo go rsa!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :cheers:

No i think most Aussies who watched the match were just glad to have witnessed one of the Greatest matches in the history of one day cricket. :bravo:

After the first 10-20 overs i was the one who thought they could do it(go back and check)

If it had of been in a World Cup or if we hadn't just thrashed SA for the last two months straight ..... then yes we would be crying inside for sure.

On the whole aids joke DNA, It was just some dry Aussie humour about Saffas and there back door/monkey rooting tendencies...... it wasn't aimed at people suffering with HIV, if i insulted any Saffas i apologise...... it was just a joke.

anyway..... i'm glad this game has got some more Yarps posting in this section, i hope you guys keep it up.

Now if only we can get more of you guys posting in the Super 14 section that would be great :cheers:

C'mon guys forget the video games come and talk about some real rugby,we need more Saffas talking about there rugby teams, after all thats what this forum is all about.

We have plenty more OZ v SA type sporting events coming up ........ Test series, Commonwealth Games, Super 14........ should be some good banter there.

I am gonna wait and see how they do on the road before saying if the Bulls are the real deal they have not been the best on the road in the past few years, but they look a good side and have a relatively easy away draw (Reds, Force, hardest is probably the Chiefs) they need to comeback with a few wins if they are serious contenders.

Originally posted by Stormer@Mar 13 2006, 03:55 PM
I am gonna wait and see how they do on the road before saying if the Bulls are the real deal they have not been the best on the road in the past few years, but they look a good side and have a relatively easy away draw (Reds, Force, hardest is probably the Chiefs) they need to comeback with a few wins if they are serious contenders.
I agree fully, they need to take advantage of the matches they are playing overseas. They are playing the easier teams or out of form teams, if there is such a thing in the S14 accept for the Cats. Luckily we are playing the Crusaders at home.

Originally posted by Serge@Mar 13 2006, 01:56 AM
Today in the WI V NZ cricket Ian Smith was commentating and said the Martin Sneddon (NZ cricket CEO) was cracking out the champagne seeing his record of 105 for 2 had finally been passed by Lewis. I lolled at that for a go while.

As someone said, we will never see a ODI better than this. So catch the replay if you have the chance.

Credit must go to the two best cricket teams in the world for putting on a great show. (The groundsman deserves a pat on the back too)
Does anyone know if they'll be replaying this on tv in the uk? Not only did I miss England being whipped by the French due to a dodgy video machine but I missed the best cricket match in the history of the sport due to spending my day getting shot at and shooting by my mates with paintballs

Latest posts