• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in South Africa

A

An Tarbh

Well Australia leave today for South Africa where the test series gets underway in 10 days times. Such is the strength of South Africa at the moment that they can afford to leave out ashwell Prince although MacKenzie can count himself lucky to be still involved.

South Africa should have a slight edge in that they're fresher than the Aussies who only finished up at home on Sunday.

Should be another belter of a series, especially with the Aussies out to prove a point before the Ashes.

Sticking by my early prediction - Aus to win the series, Dale to hide under the bedcovers.

When you compare the 2 bowling attacks South Africa look the more likely to take 20 wickets in a test match

well they're saying he's a doubt for the tour match cause of his back injury, but you'd think there'd be more in the media if he was doubtful for the test matches.

I can still remember his debut in SA.

I had faith in him and he tore them to shreds.

Can't wait untill this test series gets underway tomorrow, just hope that the extended use of technology by the third umpire won't influence the series negatively

I don't think it will and besides you won't have that incompetent halfwit Harper involved.

The fact that's it's only 2 referrals is a good thing as well

An Tarbh is that 2 referrals per team per innings or for the whole match, I can't seem to remember :unsure:

Australia seem to be building a partnership now with Clarke and Ponting both at the crease but early inrodes for South Africa with Hussey, Katich and Hughes all back in the pavillion following the efforts of Steyn and Morkel.

South Africa could really take control by getting rid of one of these before lunch.

only just seen the replay of MacKenzie's catch but he certainly owed South Africa that after some of his drops in Australia, quality effort.

Smith just went from hero to zero after dropping that sitter of a catch of Ponting!Oh well SA are still somewhat in control, 78-3 lunch.

well it may have been South Africa's morning but it's been Australia's afternoon, Ponting may have gone but they've scored at a much better rate after lunch. Smith will certainly be glad to see the back of Ponting.

This partnership has been a killer for South Africa, but both North and Johnson have played beautifully and Australia in control of this first test. Swings and roundabouts like the last series with SA in control yesterday but then Australia turning it round, can Australia keep piling on the pressure or will SA pick up these 3 remaining wickets quickly?

North deserves that century, he has played really well for a debutante :bravo: , maybe the next Mike Hussey?

North's innings eventually comes to an end as he's stumped for 117, SA finally make the breakthrough, from their point of view they'll be looking to finish this off as quickly as possible.

Latest posts