• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v France 17/07/21

Photos also don't do justice of real time video. I watched it and Koroibete just charged straight into him leading with his shoulder. Thought red straight away based on similar incidents and the height he made contact. The French player to me was bracing himself on impact. His reaction afterwards was a bit footballerish.

Was there a single Australian on side for those 2 phases?

This is why we need to put things on report in Union and deal with them after games.. Red cards only hinder the sport and the entertainment of Rugby, when are people going to realise that..

If the point is what happens immediately after contact, then a pic from well before contact doesn't really clear anything.
The point is that there was a significant drop, which as per the rules constitutes mitigation.

The ref said 'there was no significant drop'. I cannot comprehend how they can claim that. It is simply not true. This is hardly a matter of interpretation. The images speak loud and clear
The ref, ar and TMO all claimed that something didn't happen when images show it did.

From the time blue got the ball to the time he got tackled his head was 30-40 cm lower.

I am not even going into the head or shoulder first. That's a millimetre thing, (nearly) impossible to determine with those angles. I can understand that mistake from the ref. I cannot understand how all of them miss blue going down. I'm sure they know what to look for and the short list is not that long.

The point is that there was a significant drop, which as per the rules constitutes mitigation.
Hence my ETA, made well before your reply.
I'd thought the reply was to my comment about the hand-to-groin; hence my comment.

I then realized my mistake, and commented on the drop

Not watching the game but that looks like clear red-down-to-yellow mitigation
Who's honestly gonna stand up straight versus Koroibete ffs... F--- that. I've got nephews that played Ngani Laumape in high school, and they did not wanna get hit by that dude. Who stands up straight when a player like that is steaming towards you... If you stay straight you get RUN OVER, Koroibete didn't even tackle him to the ground... Cmon ref....

Right, seen it now; borderline between red and yellow under the current interpretations (due to the ball carrier's dip) - wouldn't complain about either colour.
It's also a great example of why I like the orange card option - 20 minutes without a player, and then a replacement allowed on.

Not a fan of the Aussie punditry team (in this care SBW, so not an Aussie) argument of "I don't like that a ref's decision changes the game this much - we all know the guy is going to get up and play the rest of the game". A] It wasn't the ref who decided to tackle like that. B] Whether a serious injury actually occurs or not isn't the point - the point is that is was a dangerous action, specifically dangerous in a way that everyone knows rugby is trying to stamp out of the game.

**** the French. Seriously. Take that diveball **** and shove it up your ******* arsehole on the plane home. Don't come back.

Kinda agree with you. If the Frenchman gets carried off on a stretcher,it's a red. But,direct contact to head and no hia(forget about the dive. That's disgusting) Red card for that ruins the game. 2nd half, wallabies hangin in there

I almost went to bed when the red occurred, but hung on a bit and to my surprise the frwnch javent run away with it yet. Got a try straight away due to no defence on the left (tate doesnt count). Then One of their tries vame after exploiting the nimbers and shoild be easy for them to win this, but ill keep watching a bit longer at least

Last edited:
He may have been on the ball, but his head was on the floor holding him up. Legal for about a second (maximum), and then has to let go.

I hate those ones - no attempt to take the ball, just to hold it in and milk a penalty.

Last edited:
No captains challenge, so do the rwfs just do whatever the players ask for or whinge about? Saw that in the all blacks game too

Dont agree with that penalty. Australias latcher stayed on his feet making it a ruck before the french got their hands to it

Something interesting to me a commentator said: France is one of the favourites at the next WC... Really? Did South Africa and New Zealand just dissolve? Ireland, Wales, England? Huh?

Latest posts