• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v Ireland

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
Lads* :)p), thought I should start a thread for this game. Both teams are injury hit but, lads*, should be a decent game.

*dedicated to Feicarsinn

Ughhhhhhhhh.

Em, the Aussies are a bit decimated with injuries at the moment. Genia and Ioane are out now too aren't they? That added to their frontrow problems gives us a slim chance. Sexton has to, I repeat has to, start. Gosh I hope Hayes doesn't start, ditto Horan, O'Gara and Shaggy.

ah lads lads lads
mod better stay injured for this game please let him just fall down some stairs or something
doc and tuohy to start 2 nd row henry 6 wallace 8 jennings 7
not sure about full back selection
and j murphy or trimble???
the lads hopefully will do well

ah lads lads lads
mod better stay injured for this game please let him just fall down some stairs or something
doc and tuohy to start 2 nd row henry 6 wallace 8 jennings 7
not sure about full back selection
and j murphy or trimble???
the lads hopefully will do well

Admittedly I did not see the Maori game, but has Murphy done anything to dislodge Trimble on the wing? Trimble was one of our better performers against the All Blacks and considering he played no part in the dirt tracker game you'd expect him to start.

Will Polota-Nau be back for this? The Aussie scrum had improved alot for the second England test, and if he's back it should improve it more,
Not sure who to back for this, think it will be quite even.

Australia by 3-5pts

well i was just wondering as the last game wasnt a test so they might have started trimble to rest murphy so that murphy and bowe start on the wings

What? :O

Trimble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Murphy

If Micko starts I will cry. If Hayes or ROG start i will be very disappointed. I would love to see Paddy and Geordan start.

Daivd Wallace has gone home becues of the brith of his 2nd child. this sucks for the team but ime happy for him. So what would the back row be now? Alos Darcy miss tring yesterday to see a doctor or somting like that.

Last edited:
So with Wallace gone that means our backrow casualty list is

Stephen Ferris, Denis Leamy, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien, Donnacha Ryan, Jamie Heaslip, John Muldoon, David Wallace. :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous, never seen anything like it, anyway that leaves 4 backrowers still standing -

Henry
Ronan
Jennings
Ruddock

It's actually very encouraging we can still field a solid backrow considering the circumstances. Can Jennings and Ronan play 6 or 8?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/283_21249.php

Chris Henry,
the Ulster back rower, is one of four players, including Paddy Wallace, Jonathan Sexton and Niall Ronan, who have been retained in the starting line-up from Ireland's last game against New Zealand Maori. Rob Kearney, Tommy Bowe, Andrew Trimble, Tomas O'Leary and team captain Brian O'Driscoll return to the back-line for Ireland's final match of their summer tour, against Australia at Suncorp Stadium.

In the forwards, Mick O'Driscoll will partner his Munster colleague Donncha O'Callaghan in the second row after recovering from a back injury.
Cian Healy, Sean Cronin and Tony Buckley form the front row, as they did in the recent Test against the All Blacks.
Teenage flanker Rhys Ruddock and hooker Damien Varley, who have been named among the replacements, are the other uncapped players in the matchday 22.
Dan Tuohy, a Test debutant against New Zealand, and Ronan O'Gara, who stands on 99 Ireland caps, have also been included on the bench.
A calf injury hampered hooker Jerry Flannery's bid to make the Test selection, while flanker David Wallace has flown home to be with his wife Aileen for the birth of their second child.
IRELAND TEAM & REPLACEMENTS (v Australia, Summer Tour Match, Suncorp Stadium, Saturday, June 26, kick-off 8.05pm local time/11.05am Irish time):
15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
3 - Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster)
6 - Niall Ronan (Shannon/Munster)
7 - Shane Jennings (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
8 - Chris Henry (Ballymena/Ulster) *

Replacements:
16 - Damien Varley (Garryowen/Munster) *
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
19 - Rhys Ruddock (UCD/Leinster) *
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers)

Delighted with that team, bar MOD it's the best available, but we need a decent lineout operator so understandable. It still won't be enough for AUS though unfortunately, the backrow just isn't international standard. Niall Ronan at six is laughable he's too lightweight and has virtually no power, Elsom is going to destroy him.

Frontrow is definitely a step in the right direction, although Court should really be on the bench. Your time has come old man Hayes!

MOD............why?????

Backrow is **** weak but all things considered it's the best we can do. I reckon it'll be the losing of the game but what else can we do?

Halfbacks are ok, Reddan would have been nice, but the main thing is that Sexton starts.

Strong backline, can do damage. Can't see us winning but we'll give it a crack. C'mon Ireland!

Harsh on Darcy, imo makes more sense to half Darcy there who can fill centre and wing than the luxury of two half backs on the bench.

Also Feic, Court is listed on the bench up there

Last edited:
darcy was at the doctor yesterday becues of some gorin thing maby thats why hes not playing.

Lads I really think we can win this 1. Delighted for Varley who I expect will see gametime. Also Niall Ronan is capable of doing a job. Micko is in and well having watched Micko alot with Munster my worry is if he's injured he always seems to struggle to recover and I won't be surprised if he's off early.
The backline is looking very good and well I expect Paddy Wallace to make an impression.
Really think despite the injuries we can have a great cut off Aus alrhought there will be a backlash from English game

Also feic I disagree about scrimhalf decision because TOL has been average but Reddan hasn't taken advantage of that and forced the call like Sexton has.

Latest posts