• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Burrell was our best back against Wales (a case could be made for Watson). He's hungry for an England spot and I think if given it now will really rise to the challenge. As for Hill and Devoto, I agree that neither are ready yet

He was also crap for Saints, all season and very lucky that he was the only 12 about not in the final, JRWC or Injured/Devoto.

He was also crap for Saints, all season and very lucky that he was the only 12 about not in the final, JRWC or Injured/Devoto.

As much as I like Luther, he is a liability when off form. To me, it seems like he gets issues with timing when his confidence is knocked and ends up knocking on a lot. And his defence isn't amazing normally, but he *generally* reads the play okay...when he's off, he's really vulnerable, particularly on the outside shoulder and to any players with good footwork. Having him next to Ford is pretty scary defensively. It's a shame really as he can take over games when he's playing well, at least at the AP level. You could argue that sandwiching him between Farrell and Joseph might mitigate some of that if he isn't playing well but it is a risk.

What are you on about he has prob outpeformed any other English 12 last season.

Well if that's the case then great. It just seems like no one has really mentioned him. I look forward to seeing these Leinster skills on the pitch.

Hello all, good to see some points on the England squad. I for one am looking forward to seeing the England boys give it a go against the Aussies. Bit of payback wouldnt go a miss if you know what I mean.

As far as selection goes, I think its difficult to see what EJ is going to do, but heres my thoughts. This Te'o bloke, no idea where he came from. I would start Burrell, as he is the best option, and can provide that go forward crash ball that was the original plan with Tuilagi. I would start Farrell at 10, he is the in form player. I would also start Goode at 15, again, in form. I dont want to see Farrell at 12, its just not the answer.

As far as the back row goes, I can see Etoje starting at 6, as much as it does grate me. I think Haskell is a solid player, but as he is not a proper 7, I want to see someone else. If you want Haskell to hit ppl a lot (that is why hes there) then he can do that from 6. Play Clifford at 7 and play Billy at 8. Love ya Robshaw, but your time has passed, dont even want to see him on the bench, no impact at all. He would be like a spare wheel in the back of my car.

I am beyond disappointed with some of Dan Cole's play in the loose, sometimes he just throws himself at people with no thought as to what he is doing. His technique when trying to carry the ball is woeful. I've seen phone boxes with more agility.

A lot of chat about Ben Youngs on here. I can see why, his distribution had a shocker against Wales. I will say though, Youngs can get the tempo of the game up very well. I would start care, and see if he can be more consistant with decisions around the ruck with regards to running, passing or running a bit and passing (crab). There is a time for each one, he and youngs need to make better decisions in the moment.

So, keeping in mind that we don't actually know either of the teams yet, who are people looking forward to seeing come up against each other? Personally I think JJ vs Kuridrani should be interesting as in Kuridrani you have a great attacking threat and in JJ a fantastic 13 channel defender, so it'll be interesting to see who gets the edge over the other.

So, keeping in mind that we don't actually know either of the teams yet, who are people looking forward to seeing come up against each other? Personally I think JJ vs Kuridrani should be interesting as in Kuridrani you have a great attacking threat and in JJ a fantastic 13 channel defender, so it'll be interesting to see who gets the edge over the other.

Itoje vs Everyone, as usual, keen to see if he can maintain his upwards trajectory.

The backrow battle should be interesting too- can't see England faring to well against Pooper though.

The scrum will be intriguing too. Mako might yet prove a liability vs a much improved Aussie scrum from yesteryear; not sure I'm that confident about Mullan off the bench either tbh. Genge looked like a better bench option in my opinion.

Itoje vs Everyone, as usual, keen to see if he can maintain his upwards trajectory.

The backrow battle should be interesting too- can't see England faring to well against Pooper though.

The scrum will be intriguing too. Mako might yet prove a liability vs a much improved Aussie scrum from yesteryear; not sure I'm that confident about Mullan off the bench either tbh. Genge looked like a better bench option in my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mullan started over Mako as I really don't think Mako can be considered as an international starter with his scrummaging ability, or lack there of. And I can't see there being any battle in the back row. Aus have 2 world class 7s and a 6 who is underrated but also great at the breakdown. Our only decent back rower at the breakdown (Harrison) isn't ready for international rugby.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mullan started over Mako as I really don't think Mako can be considered as an international starter with his scrummaging ability, or lack there of. And I can't see there being any battle in the back row. Aus have 2 world class 7s and a 6 who is underrated but also great at the breakdown. Our only decent back rower at the breakdown (Harrison) isn't ready for international rugby.

Hooper's not world class, Pocock definitely is.

Tig beat me to it, Haskell v Hooper and Binny v Pocock *[BLINK]Boom[/BLINK]*

Last edited:
Hooper's not world class, Pocock definitely is.

Tig beat me to it, Haskell v Hooper and Binny v Pocock *[BLINK]Boom[/BLINK]*

Hooper's not world class?! Now that Mccaw's retired he's the 2nd best 7 in the world, no doubt about it. If that's not world class I don't know what is.

Latest posts