• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Guess you don't watch many Leicester games then esp last season.

And since when was being a excellent passer from the breakdown a bad thing?
Yes he isn't Youngs at running or boxkicking but I'm not saying he is an international am I or that he should be in the England squad, but looking at the other options he would be a good pick for Saxons.

I never said getting it away from the breakdown quick was a bad thing?

ST holder in the crumbie. He's very limited and quite frankly there's probably 7 or 8 better English options than him

I'd definitely go for Ford-Farrell, possibly Te'o on the bench although I have never seen him play so I don't really know how to judge that. If he can play 12 and 13 that counts in his favour. He's got to be better than Burrell, and is presumably ahead of him in the pecking order now.

I'd love to find a way to get some pace into the back row - mainly for defensive reasons, we were exposed a few times against Aus, and I think a fair amount of the issues out wide came from a) quick ruck ball and b) Backs vs Forwards mismatches - both of which are mitigated by quick back rows. However, Clifford is the obvious candidate and his defensive performance against Wales didn't exactly fill me with wonder. I'd have him on the brnch but on balance would stick with the slow back row from the first test.

Would alsos bring Nowell in for Yarde, but I'd always have done that, and I can't see that EJ will.

Would you swap Hask now?

Yep. With Hask a good game always seems to be a one off, rather than leading to a run of good form.

I used to worry a lot about this but now I accept it as the price of doing business. I would rather have the best runner of the game on and have to hide him from time to time, then have a lesser runner of the game just because he makes most of his 1 on 1 tackles. Maybe a messiah will emerge who runs a game like Ford and tackles like Farrell (and makes defensive decisions like Ford) but the idea I had that one would is, in retrospect, utterly foolish.

Noticed when doing defence analysis in the match thread that for the Kuridrani try (which came directly off a scrum) Ford was out on the wing.

I never said getting it away from the breakdown quick was a bad thing?

ST holder in the crumbie. He's very limited and quite frankly there's probably 7 or 8 better English options than him

Who are the 7 or 8 better scrum halves ? Care, Youngs, Robson and Simpson but who else ?

I thought we were talking about who was better than Harrison?

We are . Cook has had a pretty poor season and even when playing well isn't better than Sam, Dickson is crap, always has been . Chudley is an interesting one but hardly streets ahead of Harrison like some are suggesting

We are . Cook has had a pretty poor season and even when playing well isn't better than Sam, Dickson is crap, always has been . Chudley is an interesting one but hardly streets ahead of Harrison like some are suggesting

You forgot to mention he's also a Class A tw@t...

Dickson leads the way in *****ing and moaning rather than getting on with it. The amount of fast ball he has killed through moaning rather than just taking the ball is staggering.

Youngs, Care, Robson, Simpson, Wigglesworth, Chudley, Dickson and Cook are all better than Harrison IMO.

Ahhhh we will have to agree to disagree then . Wiggs is a one trick pony, Dickson (shudder) and Cook very meh this year but was quite impressive last year . I can see what you are saying though

Wonder if Andrew Johns might become a full time coach with England?

Prob not but would be interesting, esp working with Ford and Faz.

Aussie will be pissy though.

Latest posts