• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England (3rd Test) - 16/07/22

Either way, the fact that security said "I've spoken to you before" does indicate this pillock is a known trouble maker.
Apparently that incident with Jones wasn't the only one that happened or that he reacted to. There was a 2nd incident but I can't find a video of it, same thing of some Aussie fan calling him a traitor. I dislike Jones but this targeted attack and the fact he has responded so strongly seems odd. I dunno but something seems off with this as it's really getting to him. Makes me think there is something in the background going on.
From EJ's reaction as well and the fact his buddy is filming it its got the air of EJ being set up. Wouldn't be surprised if the previous incident was a lot less tame in terms of what the dude was saying.

For me it's the whole sledging culture of Australian sports fans. I remember when in Australia for the 2002 World Cup and watching an England game and this drunk Aussie was just in the pub singing anti England songs to Wind up the England fans there - and didn't give a **** if he got into a fight.

You had about 40,000 drunk Aussie fans on Saturday and gunning for an ex pat Aussie coaching the "enemy". Even if they seem to put across they don't give a toss about union - Aussie sports fans don't like losing full stop especially against England and especially one coached by an Aussie.

Not sure I feel too sorry for Eddie - who is not averse to a bit of sledging himself.

From EJ's reaction as well and the fact his buddy is filming it its got the air of EJ being set up. Wouldn't be surprised if the previous incident was a lot less tame in terms of what the dude was saying.
Sure that's right, but Jones still shouldn't have reacted, and didn't have any need to do so. He's head coach of our national team at an international fixture. This wasn't Croydon on a Friday night and he wasn't in any physical danger.

Any boss would take an employee to task who was caught acting in that way in public, especially while working representing their organisation. While acknowledging the provocation, the RFU should make its displeasure very evident.

Sure that's right, but Jones still shouldn't have reacted, and didn't have any need to do so. He's head coach of our national team at an international fixture. This wasn't Croydon on a Friday night and he wasn't in any physical danger.

Any boss would take an employee to task who was caught acting in that way in public, especially while working representing their organisation. While acknowledging the provocation, the RFU should make its displeasure very evident.
I think its very hard to judge if there was a previous incident and knowing what happened.

Latest posts