• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs Fiji

Q

QLD

Well its battle of David and Goliath here, I hate it say it but I'm afraid there's going to be another 50 point drubbing.

Folau to score a hat trick.

7:55pm AEST Sunday 16th November, SFS

Australia will win easily, but I reckon it won't be as high scoring as some may think it is.

Well this is a game I really wanna see. OZ is taking the game to a higher level and Fiji is just having fun.

Some moments of Merit.

Really anxious for the result.

Yeah no brainer this one, I would say Australia by 20 pts. I sure Aston Sims is going to get into a punch up too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nat @ Nov 14 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah no brainer this one, I would say Australia by 20 pts. I sure Aston Sims is going to get into a punch up too.[/b]

I hope Sims gets smashed. I still havent forgiven him for what he did against the Storm.

I would say Australia will be closer to 50. Last time we played Fiji, I think an under strenght side rattled up 70 plus against the guys

The problem Fiji League has, it is largely made of guys not good enough to make the Rugby side

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nat @ Nov 14 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah no brainer this one, I would say Australia by 20 pts. I sure Aston Sims is going to get into a punch up too.[/b]

I hope Sims gets smashed. I still havent forgiven him for what he did against the Storm.
[/b][/quote]

Don't know what it is he did you are referring to, but if it was something cynical AND against the Storm then good on him. I f***ing hate the Storm, even if half of our NZ players play there.

Jarryd Hayne to score 4 tries, Naiqama to slot them from all over the park and Simms to smash the Australians senseless.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Don't know what it is he did you are referring to, but if it was something cynical AND against the Storm then good on him. I f***ing hate the Storm, even if half of our NZ players play there.

Jarryd Hayne to score 4 tries, Naiqama to slot them from all over the park and Simms to smash the Australians senseless.
[/b][/quote]

Broncos vs Storm semi final, 90 seconds to go 2nd tackle he runs it and coughs the ball up. Storm receive the ball 30m from the tryline and Greg Inglis scored with a minute to go. So no, he basically gifted the Storm a win to face the Sharks in the Preliminary final, which they won and got into the grand final. :%#%#: Left me and 50 000 other Broncos fans stunned, everyone thought we had the win.

I'm still filthy about it, it cost us a spot in the grand final, its not just that incident its happened all season and in that game he was awful.

Manly sea eagles fan cullen? I swear that sig wasn't there before the granny lol, thought you were a Warriors fan?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Broncos vs Storm semi final, 90 seconds to go 2nd tackle he runs it and coughs the ball up. Storm receive the ball 30m from the tryline and Greg Inglis scored with a minute to go. So no, he basically gifted the Storm a win to face the Sharks in the Preliminary final, which they won and got into the grand final. :%#%#: Left me and 50 000 other Broncos fans stunned, everyone thought we had the win.

I'm still filthy about it, it cost us a spot in the grand final, its not just that incident its happened all season and in that game he was awful.

Manly sea eagles fan cullen? I swear that sig wasn't there before the granny lol, thought you were a Warriors fan?
[/b][/quote]

Oh. Then yes, you every reason to hate him. I do remember that actually, it was unbelievable.

:lol: I swear to god, I have never been a fan of the Warriors (or any NRL club for that matter). And yes, I put that in my sig after Manly won the premiership, but it's mainly there 'cos Steve Matai is a legend. Any club he's with, my signature will match accordingly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The problem Fiji League has, it is largely made of guys not good enough to make the Rugby side[/b]

I agree, and unfortunately for League in Fiji it will always be that way.

I wonder if any of our local based Fiji boys or Fijians playing in small clubs in Australia will get signed by the NRL after the RLWC, I'm not saying they should be, but this will have a big impact back home if it does or does not happen.

After the RWC 2007 in France, 7 local based Fijians and 4 UK based division 1 players in our national squad were signed by French and English premiership clubs, after the Junior RWC in Dubai a year before 5 school boys were offered places in top French Academies (Toulouse, Clermont, Biarritz) . When youngsters back home see/hear about this, it gives them hope and reassures them there is a future in the sport for them and their families. Most of these youngsters watched our national side reach the QFs in France, and in return most of our squad members were rewarded with contracts playing premiership rugby in Europe.

This Fiji Bati side has reached the semis of RLWC, if nothing positive develops from this achievement for our players career wise, don't expect local based Fijian ruggers/fans to be lining up or even bother to watch League.

Australia will win but I hope Fiji do for International Rugby League
Australia by 30.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Oh. Then yes, you every reason to hate him. I do remember that actually, it was unbelievable.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah for that Sims needs to be totally smashed!  How could he let down his team with that knock on???  I was shocked as well.

The Broncos were the ONLY team capable of upsetting Manly.  They should have been in the final....would have made the final a whole lot more interesting than what Melbourne offerred.  In the end maybe Melbourne needed to feel what it is like being on the recieving end of a GF thrashing to end all thrashings.

I'm actually hoping fiji wins the game;
Altho the team that plays best deserves the win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mongoose @ Nov 14 2008, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
The problem Fiji League has, it is largely made of guys not good enough to make the Rugby side[/b]

I agree, and unfortunately for League in Fiji it will always be that way.

I wonder if any of our local based Fiji boys or Fijians playing in small clubs in Australia will get signed by the NRL after the RLWC, I'm not saying they should be, but this will have a big impact back home if it does or does not happen.

After the RWC 2007 in France, 7 local based Fijians and 4 UK based division 1 players in our national squad were signed by French and English premiership clubs, after the Junior RWC in Dubai a year before 5 school boys were offered places in top French Academies (Toulouse, Clermont, Biarritz) . When youngsters back home see/hear about this, it gives them hope and reassures them there is a future in the sport for them and their families. Most of these youngsters watched our national side reach the QFs in France, and in return most of our squad members were rewarded with contracts playing premiership rugby in Europe.

This Fiji Bati side has reached the semis of RLWC, if nothing positive develops from this achievement for our players career wise, don't expect local based Fijian ruggers/fans to be lining up or even bother to watch League.
[/b][/quote]

I hope you are right, and there is also the chance of crossing over to Rugby contracts as well for them. I think the NRL really dosen't suit the Fijian natural style though. The heavily structured play that is a feature of the modern game cramps their style and does lead to elements of frustration.

Perhaps the English super league might suit them better, with less emphasis on defense and a more open style of attack their natural flair coudl shine

I hope you are right, and there is also the chance of crossing over to Rugby contracts as well for them.[/b]

I also see this happening for 1 or 2 of them, there are 15 players in the Bati squad returning to Fiji after the tourney. I woudn't be surprised if Noilea and Tori get roped into the Fiji 7s squad, and there is already talk in Fiji that Uate is making the switch. A local Radio Rugby talk show was saying B-MAN (well known French Rugby scout based in Fiji) flew out to Australia last week to meet Uate's manager. Do not be surprised if this kid is playing for a French T14 club next year.

I think the NRL really dosen't suit the Fijian natural style though. The heavily structured play that is a feature of the modern game cramps their style and does lead to elements of frustration.

Perhaps the English super league might suit them better, with less emphasis on defense and a more open style of attack their natural flair coudl shine[/b]

Agreed.

Well the obvious happened

Australia - 10 tries
Fiji         - 0 tries

Hopefully the Kangaroos will be a bit underdone by having two soft games in a row....but I doubt it.

I predict (Kangaroo victory followed by a year of shock announcments of Kangaroo players switching to union).

it was rigged!!!

ahahahahaha i was at the game tho...pretty funn...

but yeh..at least we made it to the semis lol fiji had no expectations to make it there...

aussies gonna win the world cup...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 17 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it was rigged!!!

ahahahahaha i was at the game tho...pretty funn...

but yeh..at least we made it to the semis lol fiji had no expectations to make it there...

aussies gonna win the world cup...[/b]
Is there a 3rd/4th playoff?  Does Fiji actually get to have a chance to be the 3rd best country on this planet when it comes to playing rugby league?