• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand, September 11 2010, Sydney.

nickdnz

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
All right guys, final week of the Tri Nations is under way. The All Blacks have to be considered the favourites here, but Australia could pull off another upset. In my opinion that's unlikely. I pick NZ to win 12+. After the All Blacks destroy the Wallabies, September the 11th will go down in history as a day of carnage.

After the All Blacks destroy the Wallabies, September the 11th will go down in history as a day of carnage.
Controversial! :p

I think All Blacks will win, but not sure by how much. Wallabies defence can be suspect (blowing big leads in their last two matches) so ABs could dominate and win by 20+ points, or Wallabies could get a few tries and it could be ABs by 5+
I'd like to see Wallabies get a win though

It will be interesting to see how the Wallabies go after playing two high-octane games at altitude in successive weeks (followed by 12-odd hour plane ride home). I'm hoping the AB's don't make too many changes - Cruden will obviously start, most likely alongside Weepu (who will do the goal-kicking), while Owen Franks will possibly regain the starting tight-head spot from his brother. I'm picking the AB's to win by 10-15 points, completing the first tri-nations clean-sweep since the tri-nations has been extended to 6 games each.

I'm hoping that the All Blacks will win ... it will be interesting as the Wallabies will certainly have gained confidence from their win against SA, and the how the AB's will play without Dan Carter to guide their play.

If the Wallabies can string two back to back wins together, it will certainly relieve the pressure on Deans and the players

Hmmm???...the last game of the 'boks and the Wallabies definately sets up a good last game between NZ and AUS. I think more people will be watching this game with interest due to the Wallabies games in South Africa. Whom to bet on??..my mind is telling me ABs.

The AB's no sweat. Put Dagg on the field from the beginning. Leave the Rocket Man outside of the 22 and bring Ranger onto the bench. That's all Im asking for. And hopefully the AB's will keep their collosal winning streak alive with a wing against the Wallabies

My mind's telling me noooo, but my body, body is telling me yeeeeessss!!

hehe. Having Dagg and Ranger on the field would be unfair to Australia!

No I think the experience of Mils and Roks will be critical behind Cruden in his first start. Roks has looked better when he's played Aussie this year and He will get another shot.

I think Cruden is a much better player now than he was in the super14. I'm really looking forward to him taking the field.

Well prepaired All Blacks to make it 6 from 6 2010 tri nations. 13+
Look to Jane, Conrad Smith and Mills to get 5 or 10 points each.
But the game will be won with superior defence and control of the advantage line.

what's cruden been like in the npc over the last few weeks? i flicked over quickly the other day and saw him playing, but I didn't have time to watch the game.

This one will be a right tight affair, i'm picking.

Australia will shiff a chance witH DC being out.
But whether or not they will have enough to best the ABs will be another matter all together.

I'm picking the All Blacks by 6.

Based on training there may be 5 changes to the AB's starting lineup from the team that played South Africa - Owen Franks in for his brother Ben, Vito in for Kaino, Weepu in for Cowan, Cruden in for Carter, and Dagg in for Rococoko. The team for the match will be officially named on Thursday.

what's cruden been like in the npc over the last few weeks? i flicked over quickly the other day and saw him playing, but I didn't have time to watch the game.

Yeah Cruden's been ok he's in a ok but promising team in Manawatu. His team beat Wellington in the weekend. I saw him against the Bay and he looked ok. Yeah he's ok lol...

Last edited:
hehe. Having Dagg and Ranger on the field would be unfair to Australia!

No I think the experience of Mils and Roks will be critical behind Cruden in his first start. Roks has looked better when he's played Aussie this year and He will get another shot.

I think Cruden is a much better player now than he was in the super14. I'm really looking forward to him taking the field.

Well prepaired All Blacks to make it 6 from 6 2010 tri nations. 13+
Look to Jane, Conrad Smith and Mills to get 5 or 10 points each.
But the game will be won with superior defence and control of the advantage line.

I agree the experience of Mils would be a great help for Cruden, but Rocket Man? I think there will be enough experience around the entire squad to make up for Joe.... Honestly, put Dagg there and see what happens, I think he is going to become the next[if not close enough to] Christian Cullen.

Crudens only had one game in NPC as far as I know which was the weekend before last against Wellington I think. He had a goood game. made some good linebreaks one which almost won the game right at the end but his last pass didn't quite stick! His Goal kicking looked much better than it was during the super14.

Likely AB team to take the field based on what they have been doing in training. Side not named till thursday.

1, Woodcock
2, Mealamu
3, Owen Franks
4, Thorn
5, Donnely
6, Vito
7, McCaw
8, Read
9, Weepu
10, Cruden
11, Dagg
12, nonu
13, Smith
14, Jane
15, Mills

Sydney, Sydney...does anyone know the ABs record in Sydney?

Sam - Since 1991, the Wabblies have won 10/16 against the All Blacks in Sydney. (63%)

The AB's have played 5 of their last 6 losses at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.

Played 49: Wallabies 19, All Blacks 28, Drawn 2
At ANZ Stadium: Played 10, Won 4, Lost 6
Last test: 22nd August 2009, Wallabies 18 – 19 All Blacks
- www.allblacks.com

Last edited:

Latest posts