• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs South Africa

Q

QLD

Been an interesting week. The Springbox have trained at my school yesterday and today. Couldn't see them today but yesterday they looked pretty focused on the job. I heard from my brother who saw the Wallabies they were mucking around with the local soccer team.

Starting team for Aus is:
15. James O'Connor (Western Force)
14. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)
13. Adam Ashley Cooper (Brumbies)
12. Berrick Barnes (Queensland Reds)
11. Drew Mitchell (Western Force)
10. Matt Giteau (Western Force)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. George Smith (Brumbies, Captain)
7. David Pocock (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies)
5. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies)
4. James Horwill (Queensland Reds)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on reserves:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Pek Cowan (Western Force)
18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)
19. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)
21. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
22. Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds)

Genia was the right choice but I'm not sure about playing two opensides. Playing Rocky at 8 and bringing in Mumm would be better.

Boks train again on Thursday, any requests from people here?

i'm hoping the wallabies can win this, i still have faith in them but by not playing george smith at 7 i'm a little worried. i also think deans should have shifted barnes to 10 and giteau to 12. i mean, what do we have to lose?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Boks train again on Thursday, any requests from people here?[/b]

do you have access to a rocket launcher? wait, lets make that an atomic bomb... that's probably what's required to take spies and botha out. :p

South Africa -

15 Ruan Pienaar
14 Odwa Ndungane
13 Jaque Fourie
12 Jean de Villiers
11 Bryan Habana
10 Morne Steyn

9 Fourie du Preez

8 Pierre Spies
7 Juan Smith
6 Heinrich Brussow
5 Victor Matfield
4 Bakkies Botha
3 John Smit ©
2 Bismarck du Plessis
1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Subs: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Jannie du Plessis, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Schalk Burger, 20 Ricky Januarie, 21 Adi Jacobs, 22 Frans Steyn.

JP Pieterson and Andries Bekker are out for the remainder of the tournament. Still no Ryan Kankowski. I can't believe it. Honestly. One of the best players we have can't even find a place on the bench. Fcking Schalk Burger.

Anyway, i expect us to wrap up this tournament this weekend. The Wallabies just aint good enough i think. They are a young team, and still need to learn a lot. This springbok side has over 800 caps....

I reckon Oz will be alot better and with Barnes at 10 and Gits at 12 I reckon it will be a 5 point Oz victory.

It looks like Al Baxter's career as a prop (and I use the term loosely) is over!

What a pity. I was looking forward to watching Tony Woodcock cleaning Big_Al's clock one last time.

@TheBokke - Are you sure Barnes is at 10 - the lineup posted above shows him at 12.

Why has Francois Steyn been dropped from the starting lineup over the last couple of weeks.

Not usrprising Oz makes a number of changes given their shellacking last week. Am I correct in assuming that if the Boks win this weekend then the competition is over and the Boks have it clinched and the last two games in NZ are essentially meaningless?

Well, firstly there won't be a last 2 games in New Zealand, we've already beaten them twice at home, we only play them one more time in NZ, and yes if we win this game that's 5 games in a row, in a comp where we play 6 games, having already handed the opposition 2 losses each, that's pretty much us taking the trophy.

Only other possibility now is us losing both remaining games with no bonus points and NZ winning their next 2 games with a bonus point each.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Sep 2 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, firstly there won't be a last 2 games in New Zealand[/b]

I think he meant "last two games" of the Tri Nations, i.e. NZ v SA and NZ v AUS. Both are in New Zealand.

The scenarios are;

1. SA wins or draws either of their remaining matches - SA wins Tri-Nations

2. SA loses both the remaining matches but collects two or more bonus points - SA wins Tri-Nations

3. SA loses both the remaining matches and collects no bonus points - AND - NZ wins last two matches with 4 try bonus points. NZ wins Tri-Nations

4. SA loses both the remaining matches and collects no bonus points - BUT - NZ loses or draws either of their last two matches OR wins both matches but fails to score any bonus points - SA wins Tri-Nations

5. SA loses both their remaining matches but collects one bonus point - - AND - NZ wins last two matches with 4 try bonus points. Tri-Nations winner will come down to points differential.

6. SA loses both their remaining matches and collect no bonus points - - AND - NZ wins last two matches but get only one bonus point. Tri-Nations winner will come down to points differential.

- Currently, , SA are ahead by 54 points in the differential, although two losses by SA and two wins by NZ would reduce that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 1 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Been an interesting week. The Springbox have trained at my school yesterday and today. Couldn't see them today but yesterday they looked pretty focused on the job. I heard from my brother who saw the Wallabies they were mucking around with the local soccer team.

Run on reserves:

Genia was the right choice but I'm not sure about playing two opensides. Playing Rocky at 8 and bringing in Mumm would be better.

Do us all a favour and kick Petie Divvie squarely between the legs.

Stab Spies in the bicep and see if you can deflate him a bit, he's far to big.

Spies is currently my favorite player & number 8 right now although id hate to admit... He is the complete number 8 with all the atributes,

He has it all Mongrel speed & POWER ... A living molitoth cocktail

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 2 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Spies is currently my favorite player & number 8 right now although id hate to admit... He is the complete number 8 with all the atributes,

He has it all Mongrel speed & POWER ... A living molitoth cocktail[/b]

No harm in that big guy there are many Saffas who look up to the Kiwis in rugby so full Mana my friend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 2 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 1 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Run on reserves:

Do us all a favour and kick Petie Divvie squarely between the legs.

[/b][/quote]

He is to short you probally boot him straight in the mush :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 1 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It looks like Al Baxter's career as a prop (and I use the term loosely) is over!

What a pity. I was looking forward to watching Tony Woodcock cleaning Big_Al's clock one last time.[/b]

I'm certain i'm not the only one that read that as "watching Tony Woodcock cleaning Big Al's cock one last time"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Sep 2 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 1 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a pity. I was looking forward to watching Tony Woodcock cleaning Big_Al's clock one last time.[/b]

I'm certain i'm not the only one that read that as "watching Tony Woodcock cleaning Big Al's cock one last time"
[/b][/quote]

*BAD MENTAL IMAGES*

A few of the Springboks were at Nudgee yesterday talking to the boys on assembly. The Beast was bench pressing a student as I was walking in not even kidding.

Latest posts