• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia?

J

jackalp

what do people think their chances are at the next WC? i think they did amazingly well against Italy in the QF last year, to defend for 80 minutes against the eventual cup winners is a great achievement. could it be possible for AUS to scrape in to a semi next time around or is that just wishful thinking? :p

M

melon

You seem to be under the assumption that the RWC is played every year and you're asking about Australias chances at the next RWC!!!!

E

Eternal Idol

Australia lost against Italy in the round of 16, not in QF. I can't really see them in the semi-finals at least for the next 3/4 WC.

By the way this is the football forum Rugby`s_a_Religion.

B

Brodizzle

I am a little iffy on this, I mean, they went from playing really **** with thier marquee players in the Asian cup to putting a pretty good performance against Argentina with thier B team....I have lost the blind faith I had in them that I had during the world cup and view them with pessimissm (although I do that all the teams I go for)

Who knows, bring in a good coach and tell the players to step up and we'll be right....

J

John4889

I think they can realize a great tournament in 2010. But with the same spirit...

B

boydy

I can't see them improving too much for the next world cup, they will have lost a few key players by then.

B

buzzlima8691

it really all depends on how their junior players come along.

the a-leaguers in the australian outfit have played well when they have been called up, but they need to unearth some 'real' superstar players as they will lose plenty before 2010.

N

nikolass

I couple of weeks ago argentina and australia played, the match was boring. Argentina is playing the worst football in long time.

E

Eternam

I couple of weeks ago argentina and australia played, the match was boring. Argentina is playing the worst football in long time.
[/b]

That was an insignificant game. When things get serious wi will show our true strength. Lets just hope Messi shows all his potential.

R

redunderthebed

<div class='quotemain'>
Who knows, bring in a good coach and tell the players to step up and we'll be right.... [/b]

Sir Clive Woodward.

:cheers:

[/b][/quote]

This is a football forum you numpty. :angry:

Bring back guus hiddink.....but that wont happen i heard that dick advocaat was going to coach us through to the 2010 world cup dunno what came of that. <_< Hopefully we get a coach that moves us forward not some guy trying to top up his super. :angry:

I will never ever forget the WC 06. :wub:

I should post up some videos of the Australia vs Japan match. :ph34r:

CMON YOU ROOS!

B

Brodizzle

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Who knows, bring in a good coach and tell the players to step up and we'll be right.... [/b]

Sir Clive Woodward.

:cheers:

[/b][/quote]
This is a football forum you numpty. :angry:
[/b][/quote]
Wasn't he associated with some football team after the 2003 World Cup?

D

DireAustralia

How far Australia goes, will be layed on the future players. They're currently in some shocking form.

M

Malherbe

it's a shame that there are too many old players (viduka especially)... I hope they'll qualify...

Latest posts