• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian 24-man squad named

M

melon

7 debutants in the team which will make for a fresh look. Special congrats goes to Terry Campese from the Canberra Raiders.

Yay for Scott Prince!

No Sam Thaiday, no Karmichael Hunt. Heck, no Darius Boyd or Denan Kemp....however the likes of David Williams and Brent Tate seem to have taken those backs positions so thats alright. Both selections are thoroughly deserved, especially in the case of 'The Wolf Man' Williams.

Now maybe that last bit was a bit of Broncos bias but surely Sam Thaiday should have been picked?! He has been on fire this year! CRAIG FITZGIBBON WAS PICKED!!! Drop Fitzy for Thaiday!!! Anyway...

Terry Campese (Canberra)
Petero Civoniceva (Penrith)
Michael Crocker (Melbourne)
Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters)
Israel Folau (Melbourne)
Paul Gallen (Cronulla)
Kurt Gidley (Newcastle)
Justin Hodges (Brisbane)
Greg Inglis (Melbourne)
Brent Kite (Manly)
Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast)
Darren Lockyer (capt, Brisbane)
Joel Monaghan (Canberra)
Josh Perry (Manly)
Steve Price (NZ Warriors)
Scott Prince (Gold Coast)
Billy Slater (Melbourne)
Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
Brett Stewart (Manly)
Glenn Stewart (Manly)
Brent Tate (NZ Warriors)
Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland)
Anthony Watmough (Manly)
David Williams (Manly)

Not the squad I was expecting. When I said the Aussies would miss the size and presence of Mason I was derided and told Thaiday would do better than him!

Well yes Dan, that still stands. Thaiday would infact do a better job than what Mason would, however it seems Thaiday wasn't picked so its up to the rest of the Props and the Second Row to be better than Mason which won't be hard at all. I'm not sure that Fitzgibbon will be able to though...he's washed up.

Well yes Dan, that still stands. Thaiday would infact do a better job than what Mason would, however it seems Thaiday wasn't picked so its up to the rest of the Props and the Second Row to be better than Mason which won't be hard at all. I'm not sure that Fitzgibbon will be able to though...he's washed up.

Filthy Thaiday wasnt picked, he's carried the Broncos pack all season and was Queenslands best backrower. Afraid the rape allegations cost Thaiday and Hunt spots. (Hunt is the best rep fullback too and Gidley got picked over him)

CROCKER OUT! ANTHONY TUPOU IN??? OMFG WTF!!!!111

With Crocker being ruled out Thaiday should have been brought in, not Tupou. Outrage abounds.

Clearly there is a conspiracy against Broncos players...

...then again there was that female+toilets+camera+thaiday+hunt+boyd+ issue, but meh.

It seemingly has with the glaring omission of Thaiday.

It won't hurt our aspirations of keeping the ***le of World Champs, but it would have been nice to have him there.