• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian National Club Competition

Fair enough, but this new comp will certainly disadvantage the clubs - there won't be time for Shute Shield AND Tooheys New Cup

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 11 2006, 10:12 PM
Fair enough, but this new comp will certainly disadvantage the clubs - there won't be time for Shute Shield AND Tooheys New Cup
Yeah, forgive my lack of sympathy, but who gives a f#ck? No offence to anyone is is an avid fan of the Toohey's New Cup, but in all honesty how does it fair against the NPC, the Currie Cup or the Guiness Premiership? Pretty bloody poorly! In fact I'd go as far as saying the NRL Jersey flegg and Premier League comps are both of higher standard. It's the reason so many of our players have so much trouble settling in Super 14 when compared with their New Zealand rivals (SA would probably better too than us if it weren't for all the politics over there)... We need another level between club and S14 that will develop the promising players further.
The clubs will still get to have the shute sheild etc from what I understand, but they'll be relegated to a lower class than they currently are is all.

Latest posts