• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian tour of India

W

Wally

It is seen by most as the most anticipated series of the year and it's not hard to see why when you consider the history of the two great sides. Australia is looking to win for the time in India since Bill Lawry's controversial side of 1969-'70.

Australia are 5/280 in its first innings of the first match.

Australia finished the day on 5/315. Stumps couldn't have come sooner for India because Gilchrist and Clarke were hitting them all over the place. Clarke finished with 76 on debut, an excellent achievement. It'll be great to see if he can make it to 100 in his very first test match. A good result for Australia on day 1.

So we beat the Indians for the first time in 35 years. My hat goes off to Gilly and the boys. Now I have the New Zealand series to look forward to. I'll probably be going to both the Test and the ODI games at the Gabba.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 3 2004, 08:31 PM
So we beat the Indians for the first time in 35 years. My hat goes off to Gilly and the boys. Now I have the New Zealand series to look forward to. I'll probably be going to both the Test and the ODI games at the Gabba.
I hope we bloody perform or else we are gonna get killed
<

i dont know if we will win, but im sure we will be competitive. we seem to step up when were taking on the old foe.

Originally posted by shiznit@Nov 4 2004, 04:44 PM
i dont know if we will win, but im sure we will be competitive. we seem to step up when were taking on the old foe.
Yeah sure like the last two times we played them the 2003 World cup got in a really good posistion then throw it away and did the same with the ICC Champions trophy game

nothing like taking on the aussies on their own turf & beating them. with abit of luck & an outbreak of food poisoning we might just do that

Originally posted by top gun@Nov 9 2004, 10:28 AM
nothing like taking on the aussies on their own turf & beating them. with abit of luck & an outbreak of food poisoning we might just do that
Lol yeah right anyway NZ Squad to play Australia
New Zealand squad: Mark Richardson, Mathew Sinclair, Stephen Fleming (capt), Scott Styris, Nathan Astle, Hamish Marshall, Jacob Oram, Brendan McCullum (wk), Daniel Vettori, James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Paul Wiseman, Ian Butler, Chris Martin.

Latest posts