• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Autumn Internationals 2019

Apprently Rory Best is getting a sendoff here which is nice. Other than that would.have to say that surely the Baa Baas are struggling for relevance in this day and age.

According to this , Eddie Jones will be coaching against Fiji, and the link in the original post says Gatland will coach against Wales.

According to this , Eddie Jones will be coaching against Fiji, and the link in the original post says Gatland will coach against Wales.
Definitly using this to test some young fringe england players aswell as make it a good test.

A few additional Tier2 fixtures

09/11 - Brazil v Portugal
16/11 - Barbarians v Fiji
16/11 - Chile v Portugal
16/11 - Occitanie*v Spain
16/11 - Belgium v Hong Kong
20/11 - Brazil v Barbarians
23/11 - Spain v Hong Kong
30/11 - Barbarians v Wales

The Portugal games in South America could be pretty even and entertaining. Would be good if Brazil could get a crowd against the Baa Baas anything like what they got against the Maori ABs.

*appears to be a region in the south of France.

I have a question.

Do players who play for the Barbarians play for free ?

I have a question.

Do players who play for the Barbarians play for free ?
Nope, they get paid a substantial amount - Matt Giteau got caught at Aussie customs in 2011 with 60k in cash in his bag that was his appearance fee.

Whole thing is rotten/a tax cheat, people who hold them up as this ode to amateur rugby are way off the mark.

Nope, they get paid a substantial amount - Matt Giteau got caught at Aussie customs in 2011 with 60k in cash in his bag that was his appearance fee.

Whole thing is rotten/a tax cheat, people who hold them up as this ode to amateur rugby are way off the mark.
Out of curiosity, who's paying?

Brazil defeated Portugal 26-24 last week (HT 21-12), based on scrum domination although the portuguese backs were sharper and very efficient. They came back from a 12 points gap in 2nd half. The official attendance was 784 or 2,2 % of the public who attended the match against the Maories. It seems that promotion of this test was not comparable with the one against Maories.

Portugal defeated Chile today 23-18 (HT 3-8), again with a good performance of their backs and a poor one by the chilean back line. Portuguese pack were again under pressure, they conceded several scrum penalties.

This portuguese team is a Development team , age average of 22yo. They have only two players who are based in France from a total of 15 or more.

Brazil defeated Portugal 26-24 last week (HT 21-12), based on scrum domination although the portuguese backs were sharper and very efficient. They came back from a 12 points gap in 2nd half. The official attendance was 784 or 2,2 % of the public who attended the match against the Maories. It seems that promotion of this test was not comparable with the one against Maories.

Portugal defeated Chile today 23-18 (HT 3-8), again with a good performance of their backs and a poor one by the chilean back line. Portuguese pack were again under pressure, they conceded several scrum penalties.

This portuguese team is a Development team , age average of 22yo. They have only two players who are based in France from a total of 15 or more.
What's the state of Portuguese rugby in general? I go to the Algarve most years and while everyone seems to know what rugby is it's clearly not popular. I reckon it's probably a hard sell in a country that is so dominated by soccer with a relatively small population.

Those are some strong showings by the Portguese. I can see them finishing ahead of Belgium in the REC.

What's the state of Portuguese rugby in general? I go to the Algarve most years and while everyone seems to know what rugby is it's clearly not popular. I reckon it's probably a hard sell in a country that is so dominated by soccer with a relatively small population.

There is a forum for tier 2 and 3 countries, Portuguese posters provide continous information concerning this subject. Name : Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum".

Latest posts