Wasps
Bath
Saracens
Northampton

You read it here first ;)

Warning for anyone planning to travel to Bath

Train service between Gloucester and Bristol will be replaced by Bus
Same goes for Chippenham to Bath if coming from the East
Cycling Tour of Britain will be in Bristol that day, so expect road closures there
Then there's a regency parade around Bath on Saturday morning, meaning road closures there
Oh, and the car-park by the ground is being rebuilt...

Good luck

Gloucester
Sale
Wasps
Bath
Saracens
Northampton

You read it here first ;)

Hard to disagree with any of that ...

Exeter will push Sarries hard though and Tigers will not roll over for Wasps, so should be some good games.

Considering Tigers is at Welford road it should be a Tigers win esp if Mike Williams and Fitzgerald are back.

Considering Tigers is at Welford road it should be a Tigers win esp if Mike Williams and Fitzgerald are back.

Agree, Tigers at home.

Bath back row is interesting. My guess is the same as finished when Faletau went off, unless Denton is out in which case ... Ellis to 8, Sisi 7? Unbelievably, our area of greatest depth is an issue by week 2!

Watson, Charteris and Bowden all possibly back from injury. Would like to see Clark keep his place either way, Watson to FB and Charteris for Ewels would strengthen us though

Of course, home to Newcastle might be seen as a day to play some second stringers. After last season I'd rather see us take no chances though, play our best team and look for the strongest start we can get.

I genuinely think we'll give Bath a shock!

I know its away, but I just think we looked very strong in a few key areas that could really take the game to them.

If we can just get a little bit more control and precision in the backs...we'll give ourselves a hell of a chance.

Agree, Tigers at home.

Of course, home to Newcastle might be seen as a day to play some second stringers. After last season I'd rather see us take no chances though, play our best team and look for the strongest start we can get.

Do Bath have second stringers anymore?

I genuinely think we'll give Bath a shock!

I know its away, but I just think we looked very strong in a few key areas that could really take the game to them.

If we can just get a little bit more control and precision in the backs...we'll give ourselves a hell of a chance.

If we play like last week then we should beat you comfortably. If we play like most of last year, including the last time we played you at the Rec, then I'm worried! Hopefully we've turned a corner though ...

We played well last week also. I don't think you will beat us comfortably at all.

Our breakdown was very strong indeed. Our scrum and lineout also. And our defence was brutal at times.

If bath take this game for granted we'll come away with the victory.

First win at Franklin Gardens in 16 years and lasting 73minuites without conceding a point. That's a pretty major win in most teams books.

We 'should' win this.

We beat Saints last season aswell...its no big deal.... ;-)

First win at Franklin Gardens in 16 years and lasting 73minuites without conceding a point. That's a pretty major win in most teams books.

We 'should' win this.

Newcastle definitely have a chance though. Bath won their first game last season and that was against Chiefs, but we know how things turned out after that. The win vs Saints may not count for much.

Newcastle definitely have a chance though. Bath won their first game last season and that was against Chiefs, but we know how things turned out after that. The win vs Saints may not count for much.
I know I was there, we were far from convincing that day though and it pretty much summed up how our entire season went after that.

The frustrating thing as Bath fan is we knew full well from previous season we were a lot better than that.

Look I'm not discounting Newcastle's chances of winning as that would be foolish but you would expect Bath to win.

We played well last week also. I don't think you will beat us comfortably at all.

Our breakdown was very strong indeed. Our scrum and lineout also. And our defence was brutal at times.

If bath take this game for granted we'll come away with the victory.

Sorry reading back that sounds a bit cocky. I don't mean to suggest it's in the bag already - just saying, we played very well last week and IF we reproduce that dorm is expect us to win. Big "if" though, my point was there's a big swing from our potential best to our potential worst performance.

However, like ncurd says we are st home and have the momentum of a changed back room staff and a great away win, we "should" win this one.

Sorry reading back that sounds a bit cocky. I don't mean to suggest it's in the bag already - just saying, we played very well last week and IF we reproduce that dorm is expect us to win. Big "if" though, my point was there's a big swing from our potential best to our potential worst performance.

However, like ncurd says we are st home and have the momentum of a changed back room staff and a great away win, we "should" win this one.

Ah no need to apologise, you are correct Bath will go in as strong favourites.

I just feel we've turned a corner this preseason and we saw some very good evidence of that in the sale game (though far from perfect)

I just hope the lads go out and do themselves justice and carry on how they played on Friday with a few little improvements and we'll give you a right good game.

I think this game may well tell us where we are... If we genuinely have progressed.

Sale Sharks:
15. Byron McGuigan, 14. Will Addison, 13. Sam James, 12. Johnny Leota, 11.Paolo Odogwu, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Mike Phillips, 1. Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 2. Neil Briggs, 3. Halani Aulika, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Jonathan Mills, 6. TJ Ioane, 7. David Seymour, 8. Josh Beaumont (c)

Replacements: 16. Cameron Neild, 17. Ross Harrison, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Andrei Ostrikov, 20. Laurence Pearce, 21. James Mitchell, 22. Dan Mugford, 23. Nev Edwards

Latest posts