8. Luamanu
9. Care (c)
10. Evans
11. Visser
12. Roberts
13. Marchant
14. Yarde
15. Brown

16. Gray 17. Lambert 18. Collier 19. Merrick 20. Ward 21. Mulchrone 22. Swiel 23. Alofa

Tough one to call. Our home form has been good all season but Exeter are on a ridiculous run of form.

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Perry Humphreys
13 Jackson Willison
12 Ben Te'o
11 Josh Adams
10 Ryan Mills
9 Francois Hougaard

1 Ryan Bower
2 Joe Taufete'e
3 Biyi Alo
4 Donncha O'Callaghan (C)
5 Will Spencer
6 Chris Vui
7 Sam Lewis
8 Marco Mama

Replacements
16 Jack Singleton
17 Ryan Grant
18 Gareth Milasinovich
19 Dewald Potgieter
20 Alafoti Faosiliva
21 Luke Baldwin
22 Ryan Lamb
23 Wynand Olivier

15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ben Tapuai
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford (co-capt)
9. Kahn Fotuali’i

1. Nathan Catt
2. Ross Batty
3. Kane Palma-Newport
4. Charlie Ewels
5. Elliott Stooke
6. Tom Ellis
7. Francois Louw (co-capt)
8. Taulupe Faletau

16. Nathan Charles
17. Beno Obano
18. Shaun Knight
19. David Denton
20. Zach Mercer
21. Chris Cook
22. Rhys Priestland
23. Tom Homer

Last edited:
Tigers: 15 Telusa Veainu; 14 Adam Thompstone, 13 Jack Roberts, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 JP Pietersen; 10 Freddie Burns, 9 Ben Youngs (c); 1 Ellis Genge, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Dan Cole; 4 Dom Barrow, 5 Graham Kitchener; 6 Mike Williams, 7 Brendon O'Connor, 8 Luke Hamilton. Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Greg Bateman, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Mike Fitzgerald, 20 Harry Thacker, 21 Sam Harrison, 22 Owen Williams, 23 Mathew Tait

Currys swap round and Flynn comes back from injury/illness/whatever made him drop out pregame last week:

Sale Sharks:

15. Mike Haley 14. Denny Solomona
13. Sam James 12. Mark Jennings
11. Byron McGuigan 10. AJ MacGinty
9. Mike Phillips

1. Ross Harrison 2. Rob Webber
3. Halani Aulika 4. Bryn Evans
5. Andrei Ostrikov 6. Cameron Neild
7. Ben Curry 8. Josh Beaumont (c)

Replacements:
16. Tom Curry 17. James Flynn 18. Kieran Longbottom
19. George Nott 20. Laurence Pearce
21. James Mitchell 22. Sam Bedlow 23. Josh Charnley

Quins so much less than the sum of their parts, Exeter so much more than the sum of theirs.

Very impressive outings from Sinckler and Marler, who may both be NZ bound. Horror show from Brown who surely won't be.

Slade had some howlers that game, especially kicking. Jones said he wanted Slade to show he can control a game and he really didn't. I'm not sure I see his future at 10 without some serious improvement, more a carbon copy of Farrell at 12.

Much more of a runner than Farrell, but not someone I'd want to lead a defensive line. He's still good in defence but he isn't as ferocious as Farrell, would like to Slade and Ford tried if they don't tour.

Yeah, Slade is nothing like a carbon copy of Farrell; better hands, better vision, better running, better defensive decision making, worse defensive execution, worse kicking from hand, worse kicking from tee, worse leadership.

If the purpose of Farrell at 12 is to have a second one distributor, then Slade is simply a better pick. If the purpose is that you don't trust Ford not to have a bad day with the boot, then Slade is simply not the answer. If the purpose is that Farrell needs to start somewhere, then it's a debate of Slade versus Ford

I wouldn't regard Slade as a 'carbon copy' of Farrell either, but if Ford doesn't tour with the Lions, picking him at 12 means that we can keep to the same system with a second playmaker in the centres.

I'd actually really like to see Ford, Slade and Te'o playing together in Argentina. I think that could be very tasty indeed.

EJ at the Glaws Sale game,
Curry having a stormer,
May has been electric too, And has shown up Solomona's defence

Edit: Ben Curry is seriously having an amazing game, i wouldn't be surprised if he made the Argentina tour off the back of it.
Got a try assist, several line breaks, couple of turnovers and a couple more penalties including one on the tryline.
Also smashed into a ruck and cleared the guy out so hard he essentially tackled the guy who was trying to pick from the ruck, Glaws had to rush to reform a ruck, rushed the clearance then we scored a phase or two after the lineout.

Trinder playing really well, good to see him back playing (even if he is scoring against us)

Last edited:
Urgh, playing really stupid and are throwing this away
Terrible kick and Gloucester score on the counter
Don't know why were fannying around in our 22 so much, we were never going to score an 80m try especially down to 14

****s sake
I'd have probably taken 1pt before the game, but we could have won that.
Pure idiocy in the last 20.

There's talk of returning cross code players being outside of the cap from next seaosn, in superleague, in which case I hope charnley gets offered a big pay cheque to go back. He was excellent in league but I've seen nothing to suggest he'll fit in in union.

Last edited:
****s sake
I'd have probably taken 1pt before the game, but we could have won that.
Pure idiocy in the last 20.

There's talk of returning cross code players being outside of the cap from next seaosn, in superleague, in which case I hope charnley gets offered a big pay cheque to go back. He was excellent in league but I've seen nothing to suggest he'll fit in in union.

Thought Curry had an excellent game, although Glocs weird back row gave him his head.

Sale definitely could have won it but wouldn't have been anywhere near had we not handed out those two easy tries.

Exciting game to be at, second half flew by, Sale are good to watch IMHO and, having got in a winning position, were unlucky.

I'd give Charnley another season - hasn't been that special this year but the guy can finish.

I'd give Charnley another season - hasn't been that special this year but the guy can finish.
I dunno, You see how well Solomona has taken to union compared to charnley and it's night and day.
Denny played as a kid but it's not really the same as senior rugby.

Realistically I think 2bps for us would be fair. We got some pretty defendable tries but none as bad as charnley's kick

I dunno, You see how well Solomona has taken to union compared to charnley and it's night and day.
Denny played as a kid but it's not really the same as senior rugby.

Realistically I think 2bps for us would be fair. We got some pretty defendable tries but none as bad as charnley's kick

My biggest gripe is that Ofogwu who has looked good at this level is playing in Nat 2 whilst Charnley is learning at Prem level.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Charnley has been a huge disappointment. I can't recall seeing him do anything eye-catching in attack and he has looked surprisingly poor in defence.

Obviously cross-code converts have a mixed level of success, but as an outside back, I really thought Chanley had a good chance of making it.

Latest posts