• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 - Round 8 and 9

Clark has previous for foul play, did something against a Tigers player a season or 2 ago I think

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes and Callum Clarke is a massive ****ing ****" - Benjamin Franklin, probably.

The less said about Sale's game, the better. It's like our players were lobotomised over the summer, decision making is just terrible.

Don't know if this is the right place for this but anyone's. BT sport stop working all the time on Saturday?

I didn't end up watching the premiership games as every 5 minutes by BT declared it had lost connection to the internet

I'd heard about the latest Clark thuggery, but not seen it yet.
Lifetime ban is long overdue already, and Doncha is VERY lucky he saw it in time.

Clark will probably avoid a citing though -he missed after all.

Last edited:
He kicked off at the end of game, picking on the smallest player on the pitch because hes such a tough guy.....

In the Sale game Aulika got binned for aiming a haymaker at Hamilton. It caught his shoulder, but had serious intent and if he'd struck the face I'm assuming it would have been a straight red so that was all about the outcome. Later on Rhodes suffered the same penalty for a "high tackle" which I think was a result of the recent directive on contact above the shoulder and little to do with either intent or outcome.

Very confusing. And that's before you start considering taking the man out in the air etc. Its no wonder refs are increasingly turning to the TMO.

In fairness, not many of them; and most defences are of the "innocent till proven guilty" variety, with the odd "your team was nearly as bad 40 years ago" failed side-step. I've not seen anyone saying that he didn't do it or doesn't deserve a ban.

I do t know this is a fairly laughable comment

You could argue, quite reasonably IMHO, that Callum fell over at the ruck as DOC rolled away and he missed him anyway. Was contact made? I think DOC over-reacted. I'll leave it to the discip panel to decide

Although I still get mad when saints fans claim Clark didn't break Hawkins arm on purpose.

Yeah, I hadn't seen that one, straw grasping at its finest

I do t know this is a fairly laughable comment

You could argue, quite reasonably IMHO, that Callum fell over at the ruck as DOC rolled away and he missed him anyway. Was contact made? I think DOC over-reacted. I'll leave it to the discip panel to decide

Although I still get mad when saints fans claim Clark didn't break Hawkins arm on purpose.

However much as I wish Clark wasn't a saints player it's quite annoying having people on a personal crusade against him. Loads of tigers players have had some scummy behaviour in the past let alone tuilagis assault on a police office recently. No ones team is perfect and it seems some people like to just go on and on about it.

Loads of saints fans wish he wasn't still at the club but there is nothing we can do about it....although

We signed Gibson so you should take Clark, it's only fair.

He pushed a police office.

Also the fact Clark lied to get his sentence reduced by 32 weeks tops it off all off TBH.
Also there is a huge didference between putting fingers around the face (not gouging which is disgusting aswell) or even punching IMO to what Clark did, to break someone's arm like that require a huge amount of power and IMO also not something you do out of the movement he clearly thought about it.

God can you imagine if Tigers did sign Clark I would imagine it was so we could send him down to a Nat 3 team or something. Would loved to have hear what Cockers said to him after that game.

Last edited:
However much as I wish Clark wasn't a saints player it's quite annoying having people on a personal crusade against him.

Speaking as someone with a personal crusade against Clark... My personal rule of thumb is to (try to) get over an act of thuggery once the terms they should have served has passed.
Clark should have been banned for life, so I have no intention of ever moving on from it.

His attack on Hawkins is one of the worst acts to on the (elite) rugby pitch.

Last edited:
Just thinking - on this issue of Clark potentially getting off scot free if the panel decide that no contact was made - anyone mind if I tag in @smartcooky for comment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking - on this issue of Clark potentially getting off scot free if the panel decide that no contact was made - anyone mind if I tag in @smartcooky for comment?

Depends if they go on intent or the actual result of it. From what I've seen they go on intent so he should get a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts