English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
3fNpQQw.png

As a Chiefs Im hoping Chiefs beat bath and Wasps beat Leicester. Giving a healthy lead over 3rd place going into europe although both will be good tough games

Sarries should be too much for wasps with internations back but im excited to see what hapoens this round.

Also like to see Wasps get the form they havnt had this season because they are so entertaining to watch. Ford v Cips :)

Last edited:
Not feeling confident away to Ex; we'll have to be right at the top of our game - which we've barely seen this season.

Let's hope that JJ and AW are reinvigorated from their break, and fired to up to prove a point, whilst SU and CE are riding high after their experiences with Eddie.

Faletau released to Wales, somexpect a piss-take fine of £60k coming our way from PRL, followed by a dodging of any questions

Not feeling confident away to Ex; we'll have to be right at the top of our game - which we've barely seen this season.

Let's hope that JJ and AW are reinvigorated from their break, and fired to up to prove a point, whilst SU and CE are riding high after their experiences with Eddie.

Faletau released to Wales, somexpect a piss-take fine of £60k coming our way from PRL, followed by a dodging of any questions
Yeh that 60k fine is a joke its the team thats losing out and now they get fined aswell...

Olly... this place is all about opinions :)

Yup, the fine should be £90k for every time the player is released (not just one and done ala North); and this fine should count within the salary cap.
I'd also say that the heading should clarify that the fine increase by 50% for each successive breach. So the next club to offer this dispensation gets hit with £135k for each match missed, and the 4th club gets £202k etc, all within the salary cap.

I would accept Bath getting £60k for each match, with the each time being the escalation, with future escalations built in.

Yup, the fine should be £90k for every time the player is released (not just one and done ala North); and this fine should count within the salary cap.
I'd also say that the heading should clarify that the fine increase by 50% for each successive breach. So the next club to offer this dispensation gets hit with £135k for each match missed, and the 4th club gets £202k etc, all within the salary cap.

I would accept Bath getting £60k for each match, with the each time being the escalation, with future escalations built in.
What's wrong with releasing players?

What's wrong with releasing players?
It's outside the window and bath get nothing from it.
PRL have a deal with the RFU so clubs get compensated for players missing outside of the international window.
Bath now head into a very tough game without their best player all because the WRU wanted to run a money spinner game outside of the test window.

The issue is releasing player outside of the international window.
PRL have a very lucrative deal with the RFU for player release for the 4th AI every other year.
If clubs show willing to release the players anyway, then why should the RFU continue to be so generous? Clubs unilaterally breaking PRL rules in order to get the players for cheaper weaken the hand of the entire PRL in future EPS negotiations.

I also stand by what I said when Saints were fined; the EPS sets a price on release per player and per match (about £90k IIRC - which I may not). The fine should be MORE than that value not less.

The fine is also essentially in lieu of salary for the player (eg, I'm sure we could have had Taulupe remove that release clause if we'd agreed to pay him a larger salary) so any fine should count inside the salary cap as the release clause is essentially a way of cheating the cap. If that fine puts a club over the salary cap, then further sanctions should follow, and that's just thought for signing a contract you knew you weren't allowed to - and that's the point where league point reductions should come into play.

It's outside the window and bath get nothing from it.
PRL have a deal with the RFU so clubs get compensated for players missing outside of the international window.
Bath now head into a very tough game without their best player all because the WRU wanted to run a money spinner game outside of the test window.
Hang on so who's getting fined?

Bath, because they're the ones who have broken the rules of the competition.

But surely Bath are the only ones disadvantaged by it?
It's still against the rules everyone agreed to and signed off on, regardless of whether or not it only harms Bath.

It'd be a slippery slope if every international player could just disappear off for every random training camp and outside of the window test, as it could deplete sides.

It's also open to abuse. Say faletau has been out injured and is due to make a return vs Saracens or Tigers, A real bruising encounter. Wales don't want him hurt again so call a training camp and he goes off to that instead of playing for his club

But surely Bath are the only ones disadvantaged by it?

Potentially every team could be disadvantaged by it if RFU decide to stop paying PRL for player release outside of the international window and instead simply instruct all England players to get a release clause in their contracts à la North and Faletau.

PRL really shot itself in the foot with the pitiful fine it imposed on Saints for releasing North.

Saints vs Newcastle should be interesting. Both teams have lost their last 4 in the premiership after a good start and really need a win.

Sale:
15. James O'Connor, 14. Denny Solomona, 13. Sam James, 12. Rohan Janse Van Rensburg, 11. Byron McGuigan, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Faf De Klerk, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Will-Griff John, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Jono Ross (Capt.), 7. Ben Curry, 8. Josh Strauss

REPLACEMENTS

16. Cameron Neild, 17. James Flynn, 18. Halani Aulika, 19. George Nott, 20. TJ Ioane, 21. Will Cliff 22. Mark Jennings, 23. Mike Haley

NOT AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION

Marland Yarde (Injured) Josh Beaumont (Injured) Will Addison (Injured) Tom Curry (Injured) Johnny Leota (Injured)

Wuss are a different side with Hougaard in the mix, and after the beating they put on tigers last week I'll be happy to come away with 1 point.

Sale:
15. James O'Connor, 14. Denny Solomona, 13. Sam James, 12. Rohan Janse Van Rensburg, 11. Byron McGuigan, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Faf De Klerk, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Will-Griff John, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Jono Ross (Capt.), 7. Ben Curry, 8. Josh Strauss

REPLACEMENTS

16. Cameron Neild, 17. James Flynn, 18. Halani Aulika, 19. George Nott, 20. TJ Ioane, 21. Will Cliff 22. Mark Jennings, 23. Mike Haley

Marland Yarde (Injured) Josh Beaumont (Injured) Will Addison (Injured) Tom Curry (Injured) Johnny Leota (Injured)

Wuss are a different side with Hougaard in the mix, and after the beating they put on tigers last week I'll be happy to come away with 1 point.

It didn't happen, ok?

Sale:

REPLACEMENTS

Is that the best backline in the Prem? Gotta be up there.

Latest posts