• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 5

Agree with both those points... Simmons and Mercer, might as well.

If Ewers was fit, him... but we don't really have any other "big" number 8's that I can recall.

Aye, I'd like to see simmonds
Shame he got his head caved in cause he'll miss the chance to impress at this early training camp (again, if Hughes is injured, which seems unlikely)

Agree with both those points... Simmons and Mercer, might as well.

If Ewers was fit, him... but we don't really have any other "big" number 8's that I can recall.
Really? I was trying to be tongue in cheek. Mercer's playing his first match of the season, and is unlikely to be overtaking Faletau any time soon, Simmons is still behind Ewers and possibly Waldron. I'd like a different option though, rather than looking for another Billy.
How's Beaumont doing these days? Or is he still pretending to be a lock?

IMO Simmons and Mercer get their chance after RWC19

Still pretending to be a lock, Still playing at about 50% the standard of two seasons ago

The point is we don't have another billy type player available... Who, other than Simmons and Mercer is there?

Cheers Ollyy not him then. Trying to think of who else is both EQP and plays 8... My tongue in cheek suggestion might epactuakly be a decent option, though I'll stand by it being too soon for either of them.

Might Eddie try Haskell or one of the locks there?

Mark Wilson? Though I think he only really plays on the flank now

Hopefully not Wood or Harrison

I'd rather Wilson than Brand, but... when did he last play there? (much like Hask)

That one looked to me like Wasps playing silly bugers, and Carley assuming it's Bath as we'd given a few away ealier

Not a lot to say about this game is there. Pleased with Bath's defence so far. Last quarter of away games is a bit of an achilles heel so let's see

Latest posts