Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
hcE8p9l.png

Sale Sharks:
15.Mike Haley; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.James O'Connor, 11.Marland Yarde; 10.AJ MacGinty, 9.Faf De Klerk;
1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.Andrei Ostrikov, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Ben Curry, 8.Josh Strauss.

Replacements:
16.Marc Jones, 17.James Flynn, 18.Alexandru Tarus, 19.Josh Beaumont, 20.Tom Curry, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Luke James, 23.Byron McGuigan

Worth pointing out that Bath's big day out at Twickers, with Leicester for company is Free To Air on Channel 5 as well as BTSport

Worth pointing out that Bath's big day out at Twickers, with Leicester for company is Free To Air on Channel 5 as well as BTSport

If I feel like I want to torture myself I might watch it. Can't see anything other than another error strewn display by Bath.

Should've been more, really.
Can't believe they reduced it from 6 weeks despite him not owning up to it/apologising.

Should've been more, really.
Can't believe they reduced it from 6 weeks despite him not owning up to it/apologising.
On what grounds did they reduce it? "He was drunk and didn't know what he was saying"?

Last edited:
Was in the heat of the moment/not premeditated
Surely that's why it's low end; not why it's reduced from the low end starting point?

ETA: Yep, that's why the entry point:
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/sharks-solomona-appear-before-disciplinary-panel/ said:
"The panel found that the player used language that was verbally abusive on more than one occasion in quick succession," said panel chair Samantha Hillas.

"The comments were offensive and have no place on the rugby field. However, the Panel accepted that they were said in the heat of the moment rather than premeditated.

"For these reasons, the panel deemed it was a low end entry point which carries a six week suspension as a starting point."

Yeah, the whole thing is a bit BS.

I've said it a hundred times before but I hate reductions in bans. By all means increase them for repeat offenders but minimum should be minimum regardless of if they say they're sorry or whatever.

Absolutely agree with that; the minimum should be the minimum, with additions for maliciousness, setting an example, lack of remorse etc.

I would guess that it's just legally safer to go with specified reductions than specific increases

KO: 2.00; Saturday 7th April
Broadcast: Channel 5 & BTSport3. Both from 1.30
Referee: Wayne Barnes (197th Premiership game).
TJs: Hamish Smales & Wayne Falla.
TMO: Geoff Warren.
Citing Officer: John Bye

Bath
15. James Wilson
14. Matt Banahan
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ben Tapuai
11. Aled Brew
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Kahn Fotuali'i

1. Beno Obano
2. Tom Dunn
3. Shaun Knight
4. Charlie Ewels
5. Elliott Stooke
6. Matt Garvey
7. Francois Louw
8. Taulupe Faletau

16. Jack Walker; 17. Lucas Noguera; 18. Victor Delmas; 19. James Phillips; 20. Tom Ellis
21. Max Green; 22. Freddie Burns; 23. Cooper Vuna

Leicester
15. Telusa Veainu
14. Adam Thompstone
13. Mathew Tait
12. Matt Toomua
11. Jonny May
10. George Ford (c)
9. Sam Harrison

1. Ellis Genge
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Dan Cole
4. Mike Fitzgerald
5. Graham Kitchener
6. Valentino Mapapalangi
7. Luke Hamilton
8. Sione Kalamafoni

16. Tom Youngs; 17. Greg Bateman; 18. Logovi'i Mulipola; 19. Harry Wells; 20. Will Evans
21. Harry Simmons; 22. Matt Smith; 23. Jordan Olowofela

Last edited:
2 decent teams; Bath with a lot of injury returnees thrown straight in to start; if we both play to par for the team sheets, then not a lot in it. Leicester's bench should make it fairly comfortable however.

Of course, you'd have to question quite how ready those returnees are; but I'm not worried about them disrupting the balance of the side - as we've singularly lacked any form of balance since week 4.

Leicester's front row will be licking their lips in anticipation - as will their backup front row. But then, Bath's backrow will be doing the same (assuming they've finally learned how the breakdown is working reality rather than on the pres-season blackboard - Wayne might give us a hand there though). Honours pretty even at lock.
Halfbacks will depend on which Khan, and which George turn up; whilst the back 5 are very evenly matched

Last edited:
There for the taking. If we play to our potential we'll win. Simple.

Leicester should muller Bath up front. Genge will be looking forward to having a go at Knight and Bateman, Youngs and Mulipola is a killer front row to come off the bench.

Well thinking about England's back row issues looking for players who might make an impact you've got Ben Curry vs Jack Willis at the moment. Willis started well with two turnovers already.

I do worry about Willis getting a very serious leg injury with his jackalling technique.... :confused:

Latest posts