• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 22

Word on Falcons finishing 4th with a considerably negative points difference. Emphasises others throwing 4th away IMO.
They wanted it and got it others didn't don't knock them they did what was needed to get to post season.
Celebrate a different team not just same old same old.
In reality it will make all teams better who didn't make it.
Fair play deano

Not knocking them at all. They've improved a lot. But fact is us, Bath and Gloucs threw 4th away IMO. Probably Sale too.

Budgies did the double over us and Bath and beat Leicester and Gloucester away.

They were the better side over 22 weeks.
Just sounds like you're a little salty that tigers aren't there :p

They just aren't used to it... generally speaking, if you're in the top four, you're a pretty good side.

Don't get me wrong, Falcons have improved but not to previous top 4 levels. Minus points difference speaks volumes. We've cocked up this year, big time. Threw about 15-20 points away. Gloucs also and Bath have had huge injury issues.

Course I'm salty. Goes without saying.

Budgies did the double over us and Bath and beat Leicester and Gloucester away.
:p

Tigers did double over Sale, beat Bath, Gloucs, Wasps, Exeter, Falcons away and should've beaten them at home bar a bizarre ending. Hell we beat Sarries away too with half a first 23 missing.

Fact is the whack loss at home to Worcs cost us, along with the lack of bonus point wins against Irish twice, Home losses to Bath and Saints alongside the lack of bonus point against Quins and Gloucs.

Simple point I'm making is we cocked up, several times. Just one stroke of luck or lack of daft decision making and we're in the top four.

Sarries scored 100 more points than anyone else, scored 10 more tries than anyone else, conceded fewest tries and fewest points, yet finished second. Funny old game.

Suppose the for column is inflated by the "Saints effect".

Sarries scored 100 more points than anyone else, scored 10 more tries than anyone else, conceded fewest tries and fewest points, yet finished second. Funny old game.

Suppose the for column is inflated by the "Saints effect".
Yes i take your point but then looking at it a different way
Chiefs won 17 got 13 TBP, lost 5 got 4LBP
Sarries won 16 got 10 TBP, lost 6 got 3LBP

Though Sarries are still rightly the favourites for the ***le id say.

Agreed. I'll be curious to see how Saracens shape up next season.

Brits is almost irreplaceable. Tolofua will do OK but Brits is a unique talent even in the last weeks of his career.

Wyles and more recently, Burger have been real stalwarts for them. I think it's fair to say Lewington could well be an upgrade on Wyles, but Sarries are losing a lot of experience.

Its been in remarkable season for us.

One of the big factors in our wins has been the never say die attitude. I'd love to know how many games we've won in the last minute, or from big deficits fightbacks.

We need some good recruitment though...we've lost a lot of experience already for the summer.

Agreed. I'll be curious to see how Saracens shape up next season.

Brits is almost irreplaceable. Tolofua will do OK but Brits is a unique talent even in the last weeks of his career.

I enjoy watching Brits play, probably one of the most dynamic and skillful front rowers in the game. I'd love it if England had a hooker with his skillset.

Latest posts