2.00; BTSport

Harlequins Vs Sale

Worcester Vs Wasps

Exeter Vs Leicester
4.30; BTSport

Sunday 02/09/18
Newcastle Vs Saracens
3.00; BTSport

Does the forum software allow larger polls? I didn't know we could create them until making this thread, it'd be good if we could have a 12 option poll to pick the winners - is the 10 limit a hard one for the software, or an admin option set at 10 by default?

Last edited:
For some reason I thought there was another week to go, super pumped now though.

Shame we're missing so many backs, but c'est la vie

Don't forget all those forwards you're missing too.
Well, I say "missing" - I may just mean "decided that you don't need - no-one needs a squad larger than 23 players; no-one gets injured at Sale"

Steve I don't want to spend more than a packet of crisps on a prop Diamonds.
Be fair - they DO have 7 front rowers on the books now; you only need 6 for a match-day squad.
Look at their backrow - any surplus beyond the match-day squad is surplus to requirements!

ETA: Bath, Exeter, Quins, Leicester & Worcester all have more front-rowers than Sale have forwards!*

* Well, kinda - you'd need to include academy front rowers for those 5, but not for Sale

Bristol vs Bath
Friday, August 31st
7.45pm BTSport

Ref: JP Doyle (154th Premiership game).
TJs: Adam Leal & Wayne Falla.
TMO: Rowan Kitt.

Bristol:
15. Daniels
14. Morahan
13. Hurrell
12. Pisi
11. Leiua
10. Madigan
9. Stirzaker

1. Thomas
2. Thacker
3. Afoa
4. Holmes
5. Vui
6. Luatua (c)
7. Smith
8. Crane.

16. Malton; 17. Woolmore, 18. Armstrong, 19. Latta, 20. Lam
21. Uren, 22. Sheedy, 23. Edwards.

Bath:
15. Homer
14. Rokoduguni
13. Willison
12. Roberts
11. Cokanasiga
10. Priestland
9. Cook

1. Catt
2. Walker
3. Thomas
4. Attwood
5. Garvey (c)
6. Mercer
7. Underhill
8. Faletau

16. Dunn; 17. Vaughan; 18. Perennise; 19. Stooke; 20. Louw
21. Green; 22. Burns; 23. Brew

Last edited:
Bristol vs Bath
Friday, August 31st
7.45pm BTSport

Ref: JP Doyle (154th Premiership game).
TJs: Adam Leal & Wayne Falla.
TMO: Rowan Kitt.

Bristol:
15. Daniels
14. Morahan
13. Hurrell
12. Pisi
11. Leiua
10. Madigan
9. Stirzaker

1. Thomas
2. Thacker
3. Afoa
4. Holmes
5. Vui
6. Luatua (c)
7. Smith
8. Crane.

16. Malton; 17. Woolmore, 18. Armstrong, 19. Latta, 20. Lam
21. Uren, 22. Sheedy, 23. Edwards.

Bath:
15. Homer
14. Rokoduguni
13. Willison
12. Roberts
11. Cokanasiga
10. Priestland
9. Cook

1. Catt
2. Walker
3. Thomas
4. Attwood
5. Garvey (c)
6. Mercer
7. Underhill
8. Faletau

16. Dunn; 17. Vaughan; 18. Perennise; 19. Stooke; 20. Louw
21. Green; 22. Burns; 23. Brew

Some power in that backline! On the surface, not a lot of subtlety mind. Let's see what Girvan's been up to...

I predict big Joe will run half way across the pitch out of his way to run over the Bristol 15 before scoring a try

I predict big Joe will run half way across the pitch out of his way to run over the Bristol 15 before scoring a try
Luke Daniels? Jo's have to catch him first.

As for guile, with Wilkinson's offloading, and that back 3 - we should have enough guile back there to beat Briz; but may not need it.
Apparently, according for he Scarlets coaches, Bath played completely differently to last season (good) and caught them completely by surprise.

Of we can keep that element of surprise through the first 4 rounds, they're all winnable, and that could set us up very well for the season

Luke Daniels? Jo's have to catch him first.

As for guile, with Wilkinson's offloading, and that back 3 - we should have enough guile back there to beat Briz; but may not need it.
Apparently, according for he Scarlets coaches, Bath played completely differently to last season (good) and caught them completely by surprise.

Of we can keep that element of surprise through the first 4 rounds, they're all winnable, and that could set us up very well for the season

Wins against Bristol and Glos would be a sexy start to the season. I'm wildly optimistic at this stage, but that's down to start-of-the-season giddy excitement rather than rational thought.

Don't know much about Willison, haven't been paying attention. Who is he? What's his schtick?

Yeah, Im getting some of that overoptimism at the moment - probably a result of a normal sized injury list, so a chance to actually select players, rather just last man standing, and a chance to train and correct things, rather than wrapping everyone in cotton wool.

As for Willison, I don't know too much either, but he's a decent size, and an offload king*. Hopefully Jamie will also remember that he's got so much !ore to his game than Garland ever wanted, and be a bit more motivated now he's living closer to home.

Topped the Opta stats for offloads last year, whilst at Wuss (with daylight behind him) - let's see if he's still allowed to under Todd

Can see bath winning and winning well, attwood garvey mercer underhill falatau. Thats a pretty strong 5. Still not sure on jamie roberts signing, would have been better buying eastmond back IMO

And oviously roko and cockanasiga on the wings could do some damage

Last edited:
Friday 31/08/18
Bristol Vs Bath
7.45; BTSport

Saturday 01/09/18
Gloucester Vs Northampton
2.00; BTSport

Harlequins Vs Sale

Worcester Vs Wasps

Exeter Vs Leicester
4.30; BTSport

Sunday 02/09/18
Newcastle Vs Saracens
3.00; BTSport

Does the forum software allow larger polls? I didn't know we could create them until making this thread, it'd be good if we could have a 12 option poll to pick the winners - is the 10 limit a hard one for the software, or an admin option set at 10 by default?
Shouldn't someone change the ***le of this group?

Latest posts