• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Finances

stus768

Bench Player
6F6C008D-24A3-4439-9359-D52AC80745EB.jpeg Anyone else seen this in TRP? Exeter profit isn't actually that impressive when you look at wages. The fact they are top with a relatively low wage bill compared to others is impressive though.

Lol @ Quins wage bill

Lol @ us only spending 300k more than a championship side (imagine it's significantly more now with our saffa signings this year)

I think these numbers are frankly @#$%$.
Bit of Jorno nonsense all can believe who wish to.
Thread should go to sleep.

Yeah take this with a pinch of salt tbh.

I'd like to know exactly how much the Exeter owners energy company pumps into the Chiefs though through sponsorship.

Lol @ Quins wage bill

Lol @ us only spending 300k more than a championship side (imagine it's significantly more now with our saffa signings this year)
I've said this a few times... Our squad aint exactly ****, just play like it

Take the Irish, Quins, Sarries and Bath games at Twickers/Olympic Park away and it does read very different to be fair.

Take the Irish, Quins, Sarries and Bath games at Twickers/Olympic Park away and it does read very different to be fair.
Very good point, but still bizarre that bottom of the league of the league has a better attendance than top!

Yeah take this with a pinch of salt tbh.

I'd like to know exactly how much the Exeter owners energy company pumps into the Chiefs though through sponsorship.

Exeter Chiefs is owned by a consortium of fans. Tony Rowe, the CEO, is also CEO of SWComms - a communications business with a turnover of about £25 million a year I think. Neither it nor Tony Rowe are really wealthy enough to "pump" money into the club. The last time I saw a figure for the sponsorship deal was back in 2011-14 when it was about £300K per year for three years. It might well have gone up now considering the club's success but I doubt it's as high as the £1.2 million or so per year Caterpillar used to sponsor Leicester or £1.3 million Allianz sponsors Sarries.

Making a profit isn't really the point of a sports team though. For most it's about breaking even with most of the profit being ploughed back into improving. If you're banking a profit and not winning everything you're not doing it right.

Making a profit isn't really the point of a sports team though.

I'd like to think you were right. And for a fan you are, but 99% of club owners aren't altruistic, they want a return on their investment of some description. And yet again all roads lead back to conflicting interests.

The Premier League is ALL about money. Rugby's not there yet, but on a smaller scale it's heading that way.

I'd like to think you were right. And for a fan you are, but 99% of club owners aren't altruistic, they want a return on their investment of some description. And yet again all roads lead back to conflicting interests.

The Premier League is ALL about money. Rugby's not there yet, but on a smaller scale it's heading that way.

I think the evidence suggests that that's not true with regard to rugby. I think to someone like Bruce Craig, Bath is the super-rich equivalent of a train set. It's a toy rather than a business.

I think the evidence suggests that that's not true with regard to rugby. I think to someone like Bruce Craig, Bath is the super-rich equivalent of a train set. It's a toy rather than a business.

If Bath can be likened to a trainset then 3 years ago we were a train going full speed along a nice straight and the last few years that same train encountered a tight bend without slowing down...

Latest posts