Aviva Premiership Rugby becomes first club competition to broadcast in China

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/ne...comes-first-club-competition-broadcast-china/

"AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY will become the first club rugby union tournament to air on national television in China after a four-year contract agreed by Premiership Rugby's media rights agency RDA and the Chinese free-to-air sports broadcaster CCTV5+.

Starting with Leicester Tigers v Saracens on Sunday 24 December, this ground-breaking agreement takes the global distribution of the top flight of English rugby to almost 600 million households worldwide.

In partnership with Beijing Elite Rugby, who will produce Mandarin commentary for live matches and the weekly highlights show, CCTV5+ will broadcast at least 25 Aviva Premiership Rugby matches per season plus the semi-final and Final on national television in China.

Prior to this announcement, the 2015 Rugby World Cup was the only rugby union tournament to have aired in China."

That feeling when China is going to get more free-to-air games than the UK...

Huge deal though potentially.

Well they couldn't have chosen a bigger game to kick it off with so here's hoping its a success.

All this from a league without the best stadium or academy,
Not too shabby

Sounds a good deal.

......though the chimp on my shoulder does wonder how long before we'll be subjected to coverage of Newcastle v Worcester live from an empty stadium in Beijing.

Sounds a good deal.

......though the chimp on my shoulder does wonder how long before we'll be subjected to coverage of Newcastle v Worcester live from an empty stadium in Beijing.

Looks like that every week at the Madejski and Ricoh

Sounds a good deal.

That's one erudite primate you've got there!

Latest posts