• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership: Worcester Warriors - Northampton Saints (30-09-2011 19:45)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Aviva Premiership.png

Sixways, Worcester (30-09-2011 19:45)
Worcester.png
Versus Prem.png
Northampton.png

Live on ESPN​

[TABLE="class: grid"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Worcester Warriors
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Northampton Saints [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Errie Claassens[/TD]
[TD] 15[/TD]
[TD]Greig Tonks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marcel Garvey[/TD]
[TD] 14[/TD]
[TD]Paul Diggin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alex Grove[/TD]
[TD] 13[/TD]
[TD]Jon Clarke[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dale Rasmussen[/TD]
[TD] 12[/TD]
[TD]James Downey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miles Benjamin[/TD]
[TD] 11[/TD]
[TD]Scott Armstrong[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andy Goode[/TD]
[TD] 10[/TD]
[TD]Stephen Myler[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Shaun Perry[/TD]
[TD] 9[/TD]
[TD]Lee Dickson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Jones[/TD]
[TD] 8[/TD]
[TD]Phil Dowson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jake Abbott[/TD]
[TD] 7[/TD]
[TD]Ben Nutley[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Neil Best[/TD]
[TD] 6[/TD]
[TD]Calum Clark[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Craig Gillies[/TD]
[TD] 5[/TD]
[TD]Christian Day[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]James Percival[/TD]
[TD] 4[/TD]
[TD]Samu Manoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tevita Taumoepeau[/TD]
[TD] 3[/TD]
[TD]Brian Mujati[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ed Shervington[/TD]
[TD] 2[/TD]
[TD]Brett Sharman[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matt Mullan[/TD]
[TD] 1[/TD]
[TD]Paul Doran-Jones[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ceri Jones[/TD]
[TD] 16[/TD]
[TD]Mike Haywood[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Fortey[/TD]
[TD] 17[/TD]
[TD]Alex Waller[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Oliver Tomaszczyk[/TD]
[TD] 18[/TD]
[TD]Tom Mercey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Adam Balding[/TD]
[TD] 19[/TD]
[TD]Mark Sorenson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matt Kvesic[/TD]
[TD] 20[/TD]
[TD]James Craig[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ollie Frost[/TD]
[TD] 21[/TD]
[TD]Martin Roberts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Joe Carlisle[/TD]
[TD] 22[/TD]
[TD]Ryan Lamb[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tom Arscott[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Tom May[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I did!
I flicked between it and the Rugby League match

Saints utterly un-inspiring throughout
Warriors didn't look amazing but were solid enough in defence to keep Saints out and to wait for the penalties to come

Played the entire game with the starting XV as well, so the continuity must have helped them

All is fine, I quite enjoyed touring ND1 last time...

All is fine, I quite enjoyed touring ND1 last time...

What is up with Northampton lately? I don't think they are a champion side, they've lost players yet still can't perform. Toulouse have been dominating the Top 14 with all their internationals gone yet Northampton lose 4? Same with the Tigers, I think they're pretty low as well.

They've been missing Dickson and Best

Though Dickson is back now he looked off the mark vs Warriors, but considering it was his first match back it's understandable - Roberts is a decent scrumhalf but Dickson really bosses the team around, and it's no surprise that Saints drop off mid-last season coincided with Dickson being out

Dowson has been poor at 8, but there's no one else to come in there really - also for a captain he doesn't seem to be much of a leader on the pitch

Saints new signings that are playing aren't terrible, but the team just isn't clicking. Cato and May have put in good performances, but the backs as a unit just weren't working - both were dropped from the starting lineup vs Warriors as a result

Cliched but they're showing no passion. The team's going out and going through the motions and losing to the side that has gone out there to win or die trying.

With Falcons winning today it's left Saints joint bottom with Falcons, in 11th place on points difference

Last edited:
if we r putting it simply worcester r amazing end of

I thought we were pretty solid on Friday. Our defence is looking good, and unlike the last season we were in the top flight, we're not having to defend for 70+ minutes every game. But the fact we just can't seem to score tries is a massive worry.

I thought Saints were alright, but they didn't seem to have many ideas, or maybe it's just a lack of confidence coming through. I've got no doubt that they'll still qualify for the Heineken Cup, though.

As for us, well seeing as Newcastle won yesterday we really needed that win. I'm slightly less worried about immediate relegation after that victory, but on by a little. If Newcastle string some results together and we can't find that cutting edge we need, then we might be in real trouble.

I thought we were pretty solid on Friday. Our defence is looking good, and unlike the last season we were in the top flight, we're not having to defend for 70+ minutes every game. But the fact we just can't seem to score tries is a massive worry.

I thought Saints were alright, but they didn't seem to have many ideas, or maybe it's just a lack of confidence coming through. I've got no doubt that they'll still qualify for the Heineken Cup, though.

As for us, well seeing as Newcastle won yesterday we really needed that win. I'm slightly less worried about immediate relegation after that victory, but on by a little. If Newcastle string some results together and we can't find that cutting edge we need, then we might be in real trouble.

:mellow:

Don't you bloody patronise me! :p

Latest posts