• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

B&I Cup Final

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Good to see the youngsters coming through in the Munster A team tonight in the Final against Cross keys......as I said, on another thread on a now discontinued website, after their game with Ulster.....Ulster thoroughly deserved their victory at Munster but I would prefer to be a Munster supporter than an Ulster supporter with the young ones coming through in Limerick as opposed to the "Saffer" imports at Ulster..................

Also a word for Sky for broadcasting this game...and some championship games.....for those of us unable to be physically present at these games, it was good to see guys playing with a youth and/or freedom that rugby at the senior level tends to dispense with......

I would prefer to be a Munster supporter than an Ulster supporter with the young ones coming through in Limerick as opposed to the "Saffer" imports at Ulster..................
Nah. Think I'd prefer 19 year old Peter Nelson, 21 year old Craig Gilroy, 24 year old Darren Cave, 22 year old Nevin Spence, 21 year old Luke Marshall, 19 year old Chris Farrell, 20 year old Paddy Jackson, 23 year old Paddy McAllister, 20 year old Iain Henderson and 19 year old Conor Joyce to Munster's kids. Five of those guys will play a big part in a Heineken Cup semi final. You could say that's a small step up from a B&I Cup final played in front of one man and his dog.

It wasn't a high quality game but Munster were deserved winners. I'm not sure what was to be gained by playing Denis Fogarty, Billy Holland and Denis Hurley but it was good to see Paddy Butler play so well.

Alan Quinlan seemed a bit overly fond of the word "great". I sense a new drinking game whenever he's on co-commentary duty......

Woohoo we won :p

Can agree with Snoop that this wasn't a game of high quality but we did learn.
- Real potential for a backrow of DOCv2, POM and Butler for next few years.
- I think Ivan Dineen did very good at 12 and is that built for a bit of a shot there.
- The younger lads got a better grst and taste of knockout rugby
- And I think we do have some nice backs coming through BUT the selection on the new coach is absolutely vital in which direction our developent goes

I can't be the only one who thought the Keys hooker (Gerwyn Price?) was utter quality. Wearing 17, but playing 15 and 2 at the same time. Think Schalk Brits with a Welsh surname. Hope the Dragons get him on their books next season.

Agree Dunc he was very good and does look like he can step up another level.
The Cross's 2 props looked 100% old school too

Exactly what me and my Dad said, straight out of the 1970s!
I was stepping out the door as my dad called me through, saying "Come watch this, it's Munster vs some fat lads and Jason Tovey!"

They were glorious.

Nah. Think I'd prefer 19 year old Peter Nelson, 21 year old Craig Gilroy, 24 year old Darren Cave, 22 year old Nevin Spence, 21 year old Luke Marshall, 19 year old Chris Farrell, 20 year old Paddy Jackson, 23 year old Paddy McAllister, 20 year old Iain Henderson and 19 year old Conor Joyce to Munster's kids. Five of those guys will play a big part in a Heineken Cup semi final. You could say that's a small step up from a B&I Cup final played in front of one man and his dog.

Thank you. Saves me the bother.

Latest posts