16: Thomas Sexton
17: Jack O'Connell
18: Jordan Coughlan
19: Jordi Murphy
20: Matt Healy
21: Cathal Marsh
22: Andrew Boyle

MUNSTER:
S Scanlon Cork Con); L O'Dea (Shannon), D Barnes (Dolphin), JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohs), I Dineen (Cork Con); S Deasy (Cork Con), D Williams (Cork Con), D Kilcoyne (UL Bohs), S Henry (UL Bohs), J Ryan (Cork Con), B Hayes (Cork Con), I Nagle (Cork Con); B Holland (Cork Con) CAPTAIN, B O'Mahony (Clontarf), P Butler (Shannon)
REPLACEMENTS: D Fogarty (Cork Con), P Borlase, P Donnelly (Cork Con), B O'Hara (Cork Con), C Sheridan (UL Bohs), D Cusack (Garryowen), R O'Mahony Garryowen)

An injury has ruled John Cooney out giving Luke McGrath a shot. Leinster are very stron in the back three and backrow with units that many Rabo teams would be happy to have. For Munster Nagle, Butler and Hanrahan are players to look out for.

Leinster were let down by some poor decision making and honestly a poor ref. One of Munster's tries was also a chargedown. But in fairness they defended well and made yards easily enough late on. Deasy also kicked better than Reid.

awesome result as most of the pundits who chimed in said Leinsters more experienced side would have too much for Munster A, great win.

The result really doesn't matter but I would say that since Leinster lost.

I didn't pay particular attention to Munster's players but was quite impressed with some Leinster performers. Jack McGrath, Leo Auva'a and aaron Dundon carried well. Martin Moore scrummaged very well at tighthead prop. The scrum noticably disimproved once Jack McGrath switched to the right hand side of the front row. Luke McGrath, Colin O'Shea and Brendan Macken showed flashes of talent.

Less impressive were Rhys Ruddock, Dominic Ryan, Andrew Conway, Fionn Carr and Dave Kearney who were very quiet. Noel Reid played poorly at flyhalf but it should stand him in good stead. I'd rather see him play and learn from his mistakes than grind out a win with Mat Berquist at 10 when the latter is leaving in two months time.

I didn't pay particular attention to Munster's players but was quite impressed with some Leinster performers. Jack McGrath, Leo Auva'a and aaron Dundon carried well. Martin Moore scrummaged very well at tighthead prop. The scrum noticably disimproved once Jack McGrath switched to the right hand side of the front row. Luke McGrath, Colin O'Shea and Brendan Macken showed flashes of talent.

Less impressive were Rhys Ruddock, Dominic Ryan, Andrew Conway, Fionn Carr and Dave Kearney who were very quiet. Noel Reid played poorly at flyhalf but it should stand him in good stead. I'd rather see him play and learn from his mistakes than grind out a win with Mat Berquist at 10 when the latter is leaving in two months time.

Aaaaaaah, whaaa? The treble is gone. Season is ruined, pathetic.

Really I thought he displayed some nice feet made a lot of line breaks he did miss some kicks but I wouldn't have said he played poorly.

From Munster Kilcoyne, Scanlon and Butler impressed me.

Snoop on our side Kilcoyne O'Dea Henry and Butler especially stood out for us. Great result and Tony McGahan should really praised for the entire structure he has set up in his tenure here

Really I thought he displayed some nice feet made a lot of line breaks he did miss some kicks but I wouldn't have said he played poorly.
He had some nice touches but he didn't control the game. His goalkicking was erratic, his restarts were too long, his defensive kicking was non existent and he took too much on himself. He plays instinctively with a lot of flair but I view him more as a ball playing 12 than as a 10. In my opinion, he's not as good a prospect as Cathal Marsh. Marsh is also an instinctive attacking player but controls games far better. It's noticeable that Marsh was brought on at half time to play flyhalf with Reid shifted to inside centre. Only Marsh's injury minutes after coming on brought Reid back into the flyhalf role.

Yep, Tony McGahan deserves a lot of praise in rebuilding Munster. They now appear to be well stocked with talent almost everywhere. Perhaps they're lacking in the centre but signing Casey Laulala and James Downey gives them a bit of time to get JJ Hanrahan and others up to scratch. Tighthead and flyhalf are the only areas of real concern. Should BJ Botha get injured, Munster can kiss goodbye to any hope of winning the Heineken Cup or Pro 12 in the next two years. None of Keatley, Deasy or Cusack look remotely close to being as effective as O'Gara either.

Keys playing Munster in the final on 28 May, at Thomond Park.
Cross Keys beat the Pirates 20-16, well done lads.

Nice to see a Welsh club do well in Europe ;)

Reckon they could loan Toby back for a game...?

I hope the Dragons don't do something stupid like call up Stef for the weekend.

At least we can get a full 80 out of our Toby!

Latest posts