B&I Lions Tour Argentina???

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
I was wondering if now that Argentina are joining the what will be 4 nations will or should the Lions tour Argentina or at least play them as part of another tour?

They played against them before the 2005 tour to NZ

Can't see a full tour working in Argentina though, don't think their domestic competition is at a level to compete (yet?)

Agree with olyy. Would be great to play them, but not on a separate tour. Maybe like the first game before arriving in one of the locations. I don't think I their domestic teams could cope with the level of competition.

Can't wait to see how they get on in the new 4 nations thing. Anyone know what it's going to be called? Hopefully they get a result here and there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - get it it's good

Agree with olyy. Would be great to play them, but not on a separate tour. Maybe like the first game before arriving in one of the locations. I don't think I their domestic teams could cope with the level of competition.

Can't wait to see how they get on in the new 4 nations thing. Anyone know what it's going to be called? Hopefully they get a result here and there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - get it it's good

quad nations i thinks

however mabey not a full tour but possibly mini tour? 2 test matches and two or thee games against clubs but super clubs (combined clubs) and not full lions like a lions A team tour

i know its aawful idea but thats how i see a tour there panning out if it had to happen

Stick with what is working now for me. The best thing is that the Lions could warm up against Argentina like they did in 2005. A full tour there wont have the same effect as that of going to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

I would love to see the Lions stop off for maybe a week in Argentina before heading on to another country, but a full tour seems impractical at the moment.

Stick with what is working now for me. The best thing is that the Lions could warm up against Argentina like they did in 2005. A full tour there wont have the same effect as that of going to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

I agree with you there. The Argentina game is also classed as a test match though isnt it? I mean the one back in 2005....I'd happily see another one happen before a full tour of one of the traditional Lions opponents. Or even have 1 match Vs Argentina each tour, counting as a test...be good for both parties, both sets of fans.

Seeing as the bulk of the money made from the Lions tours comes from the Isles themselves ITO bums on seats and if Arg joins up with the 3N I anticipate the other 'bigger' rugby fan bases would follow the action as well, I can see it being financially viable.

The question is whether Arg would be able to field a full strngth team and whether that team would be able to compete. I am sure a run-away Lions series victory would be somehow cheap. Then again Arg might surprise and be competitive, who knows. If the other nations have go and Arg gets to host the Lions in 14 years or so it might be another matter altogether.

That would mean that the SH teams only face the Lions every 16 years. That is a log time to wait LOL. As it is a whole generation of players won't face the Lions (in the case of SA players like Lambie, de Jongh, Alberts, Hougaard etc will probably be too old when the tour comes to SA again).

Latest posts