• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BaaBaas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 30 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This just sounds like South Africa vs. New Zealand to me[/b]

way to many south africas given its in the middle of the euro season get some more aussies, arg, and maybe even some japanese

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 2 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If they want to add some fun and games to the BaaBaas select Israel Dagg and Zac Guildford from Hawke's Bay, would back that combination against whatever the Cartel throw onto the pitch.[/b]
Not trying to be a dick, but Zac Guildford was shown up in the Super 14 by both Hosea Gear and David Smith...he would get totally owned (right now) playing against the All Blacks...he is still young though, give him time and he may become very good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Oct 2 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 2 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they want to add some fun and games to the BaaBaas select Israel Dagg and Zac Guildford from Hawke's Bay, would back that combination against whatever the Cartel throw onto the pitch.[/b]
Not trying to be a dick, but Zac Guildford was shown up in the Super 14 by both Hosea Gear and David Smith...he would get totally owned (right now) playing against the All Blacks...he is still young though, give him time and he may become very good.
[/b][/quote]

He's doing pretty alright in the ANZC finishing off a heck of a lot of tries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 30 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you were in charge of a NH club, would you release your players for this game?

Exactly.[/b]
Dai Young is the BaaBaas coach this year. (Hence the five Blues in the summer squad) I wouldn't put it past him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Oct 1 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 30 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This just sounds like South Africa vs. New Zealand to me[/b]

way to many south africas given its in the middle of the euro season get some more aussies, arg, and maybe even some japanese

[/b][/quote]
Am I the only one who thinks having Takudzwa Ngwenya from the USA in there would be awesome? Also, am I the only one who thinks not having Daisuke Ohata in the Baa-Baas when he was in his prime a sad mistake?

I think Ngwenya is playing somewhere in the T14 in France. Hence he would probably not be released. Also, there are tons of better wingers.

If I was to coach the Baabaas and was given free reign to pick whoever I want, I would have gone for a universal flavour in the team. At least a maximum of two players from any one country, and some who are no longer involved in international games. Something like:

1. Benn Robinson (Aus)
2. Jerry Flannery (Ire)
3. Jannie du Plessis (SA)
4. Iferemi Rawaqa (Fiji)
5. Simon Shaw (Eng)
6. Sergio Parisse (Ita)
7. Martyn Williams (Wal)
8. Finau Maka (Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher (NZ)
10. Danny Cipriani (Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucau (Fiji)
12. Yannick Jauzion (Fra)
13. Stirling Mortlock (Aus)
14. Henry Tuilagi (Sam)
15. Juan Martin Hernandez (Arg)

16. Mahonri Schwalger (Sam)
17. Phil Vickery (Eng)
18. Dan Vickerman (Aus)
19. Mose Tuiali'i (NZ)
20. Mike Phillips (Wal)
21. Carlos Spencer (NZ)
22. Isa Nacewa (Fiji)

The final score or winner doesnt matter. It's getting the spirit of rugby to be truly enjoyed worldwide is what it's really about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Oct 7 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I was to coach the Baabaas and was given free reign to pick whoever I want, I would have gone for a universal flavour in the team. At least a maximum of two players from any one country, and some who are no longer involved in international games. Something like:

1. Benn Robinson (Aus)
2. Jerry Flannery (Ire)
4. Iferemi Rawaqa (Fiji)
5. Simon Shaw (Eng)
6. Sergio Parisse (Ita)
7. Martyn Williams (Wal)
8. Finau Maka (Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher (NZ)
10. Danny Cipriani (Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucau (Fiji)
14. Henry Tuilagi (Sam)

17. Phil Vickery (Eng)
18. Dan Vickerman (Aus)
19. Mose Tuiali'i (NZ)
20. Mike Phillips (Wal)
21. Carlos Spencer (NZ)
22. Isa Nacewa (Fiji)

The final score or winner doesnt matter. It's getting the spirit of rugby to be truly enjoyed worldwide is what it's really about.[/b]

Really? Cipriani? Really?

Anyway, when's the next time the Barbarians are playing?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Oct 7 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1. Benn Robinson (Aus)
2. Jerry Flannery (Ire)
4. Iferemi Rawaqa (Fiji)
5. Simon Shaw (Eng)
6. Sergio Parisse (Ita)
7. Martyn Williams (Wal)
8. Finau Maka (Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher (NZ)
10. Danny Cipriani (Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucau (Fiji)
14. Henry Tuilagi (Sam)

17. Phil Vickery (Eng)
18. Dan Vickerman (Aus)
19. Mose Tuiali'i (NZ)
20. Mike Phillips (Wal)
21. Carlos Spencer (NZ)
22. Isa Nacewa (Fiji)

The final score or winner doesnt matter. It's getting the spirit of rugby to be truly enjoyed worldwide is what it's really about.[/b]

Parisse is a waste at 6. I'd have Semisi Naevo or Nili Latu instead. Also Trinh Duc for Cips.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Oct 7 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1. Benn Robinson (Aus)
2. Jerry Flannery (Ire)
4. Iferemi Rawaqa (Fiji)
5. Simon Shaw (Eng)
6. Sergio Parisse (Ita)
7. Martyn Williams (Wal)
8. Finau Maka (Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher (NZ)
10. Danny Cipriani (Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucau (Fiji)
14. Henry Tuilagi (Sam)

17. Phil Vickery (Eng)
18. Dan Vickerman (Aus)
19. Mose Tuiali'i (NZ)
20. Mike Phillips (Wal)
21. Carlos Spencer (NZ)
22. Isa Nacewa (Fiji)

From when has Danny Cipriani been about 'The Spirit of Rugby'?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Oct 7 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Oct 7 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Benn Robinson (Aus)
2. Jerry Flannery (Ire)
4. Iferemi Rawaqa (Fiji)
5. Simon Shaw (Eng)
6. Sergio Parisse (Ita)
7. Martyn Williams (Wal)
8. Finau Maka (Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher (NZ)
10. Danny Cipriani (Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucau (Fiji)
14. Henry Tuilagi (Sam)

17. Phil Vickery (Eng)
18. Dan Vickerman (Aus)
19. Mose Tuiali'i (NZ)
20. Mike Phillips (Wal)
21. Carlos Spencer (NZ)
22. Isa Nacewa (Fiji)

From when has Danny Cipriani been about 'The Spirit of Rugby'?
[/b][/quote]

i think what hes trying to say is that he would like to see something different in the baabaas like having Cipriani and Parisse(at 6) in there would be nice to see how'd they would do

id still like to see some Japanese
and some more Frenchmen in the baabaas

Hmm I would like to see

1. Keese Meeuws(NZ)
2. Jerry Flanery(Ire)
3. Carl Hayman(NZ)
4. Chris Jack(NZ)
5. Simon Shaw(Eng)
6. Richard Hill(Eng)
7. Colin Charivs(Wal)
8. Isitola Maka(Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher(NZ)
10. Johnny Wilkinson(Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucaunibuca(Fiji)
12. Yannick Jauzion(Fra)
13. Sterling Mortlock(Aus)
14. Naps Nalaga(Fiji)
15. Juan Martin Hernandez(Arg)

16. Gary Botha(SA)
17. Phil Vickery(Eng)
18. Joe van Niekerk(SA)
19. Justin Marshall(NZ)
20. Carlos Spencer(NZ)
21. Brian O'Driscol(Ire)
22. Dallas Robinson (USA)(Never capped player, probably usless but it would be interesting to see him play, and considering it is a showcase more then a test match, I believe he should be included).

Not the best list as too many New Zealanders to spark enough interest, however I would like to see that, putting Brian O'Driscol on the bench was really because he may have a longer future in international rugby then Mortlock. I'd like to see both Nalaga and Caucaunibuca play together with a quality side. Some choices I have made such as Keese Meeuws was because he is still playing provintial rugby, but it would be great to see him have one more shot...One other play I wanted to add in there is Jonah Lomu, who is playing for a 3rd devision french team, but it would be awsome to see if he would join, despite him obviously not being himself).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Oct 8 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hmm I would like to see

1. Keese Meeuws(NZ)
2. Jerry Flanery(Ire)
3. Carl Hayman(NZ)
4. Chris Jack(NZ)
5. Simon Shaw(Eng)
6. Richard Hill(Eng)
7. Colin Charivs(Wal)
8. Isitola Maka(Ton)
9. Byron Kelleher(NZ)
10. Johnny Wilkinson(Eng)
11. Rupeni Caucaunibuca(Fiji)
12. Yannick Jauzion(Fra)
13. Sterling Mortlock(Aus)
14. Naps Nalaga(Fiji)
15. Juan Martin Hernandez(Arg)

16. Gary Botha(SA)
17. Phil Vickery(Eng)
18. Joe van Niekerk(SA)
19. Justin Marshall(NZ)
20. Carlos Spencer(NZ)
21. Brian O'Driscol(Ire)
22. Dallas Robinson (USA)(Never capped player, probably usless but it would be interesting to see him play, and considering it is a showcase more then a test match, I believe he should be included).

Not the best list as too many New Zealanders to spark enough interest, however I would like to see that, putting Brian O'Driscol on the bench was really because he may have a longer future in international rugby then Mortlock. I'd like to see both Nalaga and Caucaunibuca play together with a quality side. Some choices I have made such as Keese Meeuws was because he is still playing provintial rugby, but it would be great to see him have one more shot...One other play I wanted to add in there is Jonah Lomu, who is playing for a 3rd devision french team, but it would be awsome to see if he would join, despite him obviously not being himself).[/b]

How'd you hear about Dallas Robinson hes hasn't even been capped by the 7s team let along 15s?

I've seen him sprint in the US Eliete team, and he was also mentioned in the fastest player thread. I realise he hasn't been capped by either teams, which is why it would make an awsome debute

In the interest of interest;
Max 2 per nation and no Kiwis IMO. On second thought, a rejected Kiwi or two might up the tension.

1 Martin Catrogiovani (ITL)
2 random japanese dude; beacuse with these props and Matfield the set pieces will take care of themselves
3 Carl Hayman (NZ) unless he is returning to NZ
4 Nathan Hines (SCO) because Scotland doesn't offer much else than this hard man
5 Victor Matfield (SA) Peerless and will own NZ line-out
6 Rocky Elsom (AUS)
7 Thierry Dusautoir (FRA) along with Juan Smith might be the most underestimated player IMO
8 Sergio Parisse (ITL) who is Italian rugby
9 Byron Kellerher (NZ)
10 Juan Martin Hernandez (ARG)
11 Rupeni Caucau (FIJ)
12 Jamie Roberts (WAL) because of his good partnership with BOD during the Lions tour
13 Brian O'Driscoll (IRE) because the world's best outside center has shown some of his form of old
14 Takudza Ngwenya (USA/ZIM) if only for his nationailty/ies
15 Jason Robinson (ENG) his still got it, I'm sure

16 Benn Robinson (AUS) because an Aussie that can scrum has to be showcased
17 Jerry Flannery (IRE)
18 Sebastian Chabal (FRA) if only for his status as a rugby icon
19 Finau Maka (TON)
20 Fourie du Preez (SA) IRB player of the year 2009 TBA / George Gragan (AUS) playing in Japan, I think?
21 Matt Giteau (AUS)
22 Bryan Habana (SA)

Latest posts