Backers walk away from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Bullitt, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Yeah, read this earlier. Big fail. I can't see the Melbourn "Rebel" being able to be taken seriously with so little financial backing.

4. Boggle

Boggle Guest

Oh my word, we predicted the epic fail, but they haven't even played a single game and they're already knee deep in ****.

:/

5. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Hopefully it dies, because it should have been Victorian Rebels or something, way to f*** up an Australian tradition of teams being the states, not a cities.

6. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Where does this leave Michael Cheika?

7. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 29 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well the Connacht job is free isn't it?

8. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

9. ak47

ak47 Guest

lmao - the code isnt fit for expansion down here, and they cant even get it right.
    talk about failure from all angles

10. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 30 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    :lol: whats with your constant negativity towards Australian rugby now? Jumped on the league bandwagon

Sounds like something for the media to whip up in summer when there's nothing to talk about.

11. Wally

Wally Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 30 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    :lol: whats with your constant negativity towards Australian rugby now? Jumped on the league bandwagon

Sounds like something for the media to whip up in summer when there's nothing to talk about.

[/b][/quote]
    Bingo.

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

13. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

I can't see this team getting on well when they start playing. There's been so much bickering and infighting that it smacks of the 01' and 05' Lions. Add that to the fact that they'll be hard pressed to assemble a decent squad and the future already looks bleak for Melbourne.

14. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

I can't believe people fall for these kinds of stories so easily...

It's quite clearly a media beat up with nothing else to report on in the off-season...

The story is obviously the result of ONE disenchanted backer who has gone to the media to air his grievances...

The ARU are still working on a deal with investors...

Stories like this serve nothing more than to help fuel those idiots who want to take an quick swipe at Australian rugby... :rolleyes:

15. ak47

ak47 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 30 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

:lol: :bravo: oh the irony we are all looking for something to talk about :p

16. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    As much as i hate victoria this is good for rugby in Australia.They have it made new stadium for regular season matches a 50k seater stadium next door for finals matches and the alike.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!