• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bacon or Eggs? The time has come to decide.

Bacon or Eggs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you sure it was 64g of protein? That seems like a lot for one meal. I thought the optimal intake was 20 to 25g per meal/snack. I'm keen to try this regardless.

The 'normal' portion is 44g... but you can add an extra 20g for £1.50.

In terms of optimal intake, I guess it comes down to what you want. I'm 18 stone and in general terms, in order to burn fat while maintaining/growing muscle mass I need to be consuming between 250g & 300g a day. If I can find a meal that contains this kinda amount... I'm all over it.

Edit. They have to use a press to fit the damn thing in the box:p!

Ooooh, there's one of those right by my work so I'm definitely going to have to check it out

The 'normal' portion is 44g... but you can add an extra 20g for £1.50.

In terms of optimal intake, I guess it comes down to what you want. I'm 18 stone and in general terms, in order to burn fat while maintaining/growing muscle mass I need to be consuming between 250g & 300g a day. If I can find a meal that contains this kinda amount... I'm all over it.

Edit. They have to use a press to fit the damn thing in the box:p!

I guess different body sizes are able to process different amounts. I used to live in Munich and love German/Turkish kebabs and Bavarian food. Had some cracking kebabs and schnitzels when I was there. I'll def be giving this a try.

I guess different body sizes are able to process different amounts. I used to live in Munich and love German/Turkish kebabs and Bavarian food. Had some cracking kebabs and schnitzels when I was there. I'll def be giving this a try.

Well I'm sure you'll enjoy... I'll be making a weekly pilgrimage at the very least.

Also, they seem to be targeting the gym-monkey type. Everything involves low calorie, high protein... one of the options is even called a 'gym box'.

Can't find any calories info on it.

I'm in summer cut phase so Prob not for me.
Maybe when Winter comes.

Not a fan of the store specific offers.
the Doner Box + Drink for £3.99.
11am-4pm, Monday to Friday.

Looks decent value but only at 5 stores.

I tried posting an image of the menu but it was too large...

So the Gym box is £4.49 (£4.99 with drink) and is 44g Protein and 329 calories.

Most things (kebabs, sarnies etc with the obvs exception of fries) seem to be coming in under 550 calories.

... and you can add an extra 100g of meat (roughly 20g of Protein depending on the meat choice) to any meal for £1.50.

Carbs?

don't get why a company that targets gym etc isn't posting nutritional values on their site.

They don't mention carbs tbf... the Gym Box is just meat and salad so there's obvs none in there. My kebab came sandwiched in what appeared to be German bread, pressed and toasted... so I'm guessing around 30 - 40g carb but that is purely a guesstimate.

Always annoys me when places don't put nutritional info on their website - I thought they had to supply that by law these days? Or is it that they have to supply it if requested?
Or is it just allergens/ingredients?

Always annoys me when places don't put nutritional info on their website - I thought they had to supply that by law these days? Or is it that they have to supply it if requested?

Looking at their social media they never say the carbs and sugars.
Replied to one person saying "but we don't have carbs and sugars to hand. We'll see if we can get these on the website"

Which is very suss.

Promoting the Protein massively but keeping very quiet on the other stuff.

It would be so much more helpful if they did but from what I picked up from the staff (whether it's true or not is another matter) they seem to pride themselves on being a healthy alternative.

It did taste lean and clean if I'm honest. This was a big old lump of a sarnie and I didn't feel remotely bloated after I'd ate it... in fact I text my mate straight after to say I wish I'd ordered two. I find if I eat something healthy I don't get that 'bloat' but if it's fatty or greasy etc I can't move off my seat for a good 45-55 minutes after consumption.

I just don't understand why if they pride themselves on it to the keep dodging the carbs question on every media platform?

I just don't understand why if they pride themselves on it to the keep dodging the carbs question on every media platform?

To be fair Tigs, there's only so much carbs that could possibly be in it... it was considerably less bread than you'd get in a Subway (maybe around the same amount of a 6 inch... maybe a little more).

They do use a blend of three sauces, which I'd imagine contain some sugars... but it didn't seem particularly saucy. Give it a go dude, if your slacks are a little tight for the week after you'll know not to go back.

Advertising as high protein is the in thing atm, like "high protein cereal" with low single digits of protein per serving
People still have an aversion to carbs because of the Atkins fad, so as a marketing tool it makes sense to hide it

Having it all accessible on their site would be nice though

Advertising as high protein is the in thing atm, like "high protein cereal" with low single digits of protein per serving
People still have an aversion to carbs because of the Atkins fad, so as a marketing tool it makes sense to hide it

Having it all accessible on their site would be nice though

As far as protein goes, you just need to comprehend the protein grams per 100g then see what a typical serving is. I currently eat protein granola and protein muesli for brekkie on a training day. The granola is 26g of protein per 100g but only 12g per serving (add an extra 4g with milk)... the muesli is considerably less but offers other benefits.

I've been counting protein (on and off) for 20 years, so you learn the pitfalls quickly... or you don't grow;).

It's all well and good you saying it considerably more bread such and such but as someone who likes to track I want the exact macros cause I count them daily.
and IMO as a company that is targeting gym goers it should have all that info down on their site and their is no excuse to not say what it is because they should have all that info already.

I don't mind "living a little" but I still want to know what i'm at.

I would say Keto is a bigger thing currently than the Atkins fad which most people have prob forgotten about.

It's all well and good you saying it considerably more bread such and such but as someone who likes to track I want the exact macros cause I count them daily.
and IMO as a company that is targeting gym goers it should have all that info down on their site and their is no excuse to not say what it is because they should have all that info already.

I don't mind "living a little" but I still want to know what i'm at.

I would say Keto is a bigger thing currently than the Atkins fad which most people have prob forgotten about.

I get you bud... I guess that if I'm on the fence about something though (after due diligence) I just take the plunge... 'better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all' and all that.

But we're all different... enjoy your supper, sounds delish ;).

Latest posts