Balshaw signs for Biarritz

Discussion in 'Top 14 & Rugby Pro D2' started by M Two One, Apr 29, 2009.

1. M Two One

M Two One Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Source: Yahoo! Sport UK & Ireland

Opinions on this signing? Despite injuries I think this is a good move for Biarritz. I also really like the Fabien Alexandre signing.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

Balshaw is a public danger at fullback. I hope he will play at wing, he has a good pace and a with his experience I think it's a good signing too. Alexandre is promising but he never was really convincing at Clermont and now he's far behind another youngster, Lapandry. Maybe Biarritz will do better with him.

4. M Two One

M Two One Guest

Alexandre should have playing time at Biarritz. They've been fairly weak at wing all season long, which is why I like the move.

5. I think most of England will like the signing as it gets him out of the country.

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Apr 30 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    and teams won't be fearing Biarritz in the HEC either knowing there's the prospect of a Balshaw to help them out.

7. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Apr 30 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Mate, the guy is a joke. Its an awful signing. Biarritz are spending a couple hundred thousand on a guy who passes the ball to/at the rugby posts and keeps thinking he's a flanker rather than a fullback.

As Mite said, we like this move as it 1) gets Balshaw out of the bloody country and 2) sabotages a French team in time for next season's HEC campaign :lol:

Have fun with Captain Calamity!!

8. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

Well, this is Biarritz. All you got to do when you are a winger in Biarritz is catching the ball in the try scoring zone when Yachvili kick it straight into your hands. I guess he's hable to do that ?

... no ?

9. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Apr 30 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No...no...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!