• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barb v PI 2nd half here

argh. not impressed by this video unlike a couple of recent ones.

Fly half speed (lack of it) is going to really **** me off.

It was Ollie 'the useless twat' Barkely remember. If they got the stats correct he will be useless!
<

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 24 2005, 10:37 AM

I don't know about what I've seen so far... game doesn't look that great. Sure the fluff stuff looks better but the gameplay looks jagged and unrealistic, all the players are running around in all different directions, same animations. It really doesn't look all that different to 2004. I'm going to buy it, but my interest has come down a notch.

Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 24 2005, 01:47 AM
thank u again lock. i noticed that in r2k5 is possible to play against Ai even if the level is hard,I mean in r2k4 u were not able to win the cpu coz of losin ball in evry single ruck,Am I right? and then just wonderin does the referee says crouch and hold engage bfore evry scrum?Thank u in anticipation
P.S. u should pass the ball more often.lol
Not able to win in Rugby 2004 on hard!!!??

<
<
<

Oh come on dude! I had to pump up the other teams and give the other Super 12 sides wingers with 100 pace and agility and accleleration and strength - then enter myself as the Chiefs - to even get a challenge on hard level!

You may find hard way too hard in Rugby 2005 then - this could work well though for you as normal level sounds quite fun and challenging for that level of skill etc...
Seriously! You lucky (or unlucky, have confused myself) *******!

Originally posted by excitation+Feb 24 2005, 02:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (excitation @ Feb 24 2005, 02:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Feb 24 2005, 10:37 AM

I don't know about what I've seen so far... game doesn't look that great. Sure the fluff stuff looks better but the gameplay looks jagged and unrealistic, all the players are running around in all different directions, same animations. It really doesn't look all that different to 2004. I'm going to buy it, but my interest has come down a notch. [/b]
are u 2 married?
<

best movie evah!

thanx lox!
<

Just noticed the cracking break through the gap, the sidestep round the defender, and the beautiful swallow dive over the line on 64 mins - no doubt with Locksley leaping up shouting "Ive scored on Hard mode" ....

by a guy without the ball !!!

<

how friggin mad was that! best video so far!
when the crowd goes up when u approach the opposition try line is awsome! friggin awsome!

dammit.....now i cant

Cheers Locksley, the video gives a good idea of what the gameplay is like.

Haven't played Rugby 2004 so can't compare it anything other than WCR. Rugby 2005 looks better than WCR but that's not saying too much.

I'm gagging for a good rugby game to come out on PC/X Box but still think I'll try a demo/rent and read reviews before buying Rugby 2005.

I play a lot of Madden and ESPN NFL on the x box and if they brought out a rugby game with a comparable engine to one of those American football games then it would rock. The running in ESPN is un-believable, you can hand off, shoulder charge and side-step several defenders in one run. Now THAT's what I'd want in a rugby game.

I played one game of WCR back to back with one of ESPN NFL5K last night, the difference was un-believable. Rugby 2005 looks better than WCR but still seems to fall well below the American football games out there at the moment.

On the bright side, rugby games are improving, so it looks good for the future.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 24 2005, 04:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 24 2005, 04:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Badboy
@Feb 24 2005, 01:47 AM
thank u again lock. i noticed that in r2k5 is possible to play against Ai even if the level is hard,I mean in r2k4 u were not able to win the cpu coz of losin ball in evry single ruck,Am I right? and then just wonderin does the referee says crouch and hold engage bfore evry scrum?Thank u in anticipation
P.S. u should pass the ball more often.lol
Not able to win in Rugby 2004 on hard!!!??

<
<
<

Oh come on dude! I had to pump up the other teams and give the other Super 12 sides wingers with 100 pace and agility and accleleration and strength - then enter myself as the Chiefs - to even get a challenge on hard level!

You may find hard way too hard in Rugby 2005 then - this could work well though for you as normal level sounds quite fun and challenging for that level of skill etc...
Seriously! You lucky (or unlucky, have confused myself) *******! [/b]
Agreed... Although on hard the computer did turn the ball over on almost every ruck you had, it was counterable and that with a more percentage based kicking game made "hard" mode very unconvincing... I mean lets face it, even on hard the AI's attack wasn't anything a braindead chimpanzie would even have trouble tackling...

Did you all see that sweet switch and dish by the PAC ISL in the 79th minute?!?!?!? That **** is light years ahead of 2004.

Sure, there are instances where uncontrolled players do weird stuff like run away from the ball carrier (as in the second try scored against Locks), but come on guys....this is a great improvement. This game will be fun and the next one will be better. What is encouraging is the vast improvement over R2004...in a few years this will catch up in quality to Madden, etc... Mark my words!!!!
<

Originally posted by flanku@Feb 25 2005, 01:05 PM
Did you all see that sweet switch and dish by the PAC ISL in the 79th minute?!?!?!? That **** is light years ahead of 2004.
Yawp. That was very cool.

And I love it in the 77th, just before that scrum, where the Pac Isles kick a grubber and it bounces off a Barbarians player -- little elements of chaos like that are awesome.

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 25 2005, 01:08 AM
I'm almost embarassed to ask, but I need to know....how do you pump up the other team in R2004? I had the same problem....never losing and rarely being scored upon, but I never figured out how to increase the opponent, like I believe R2003 (or whatever was the last one before 2004) had where you could control the level of play of the team with some sort of meter control.

confession: I didn't really study the game after I mastered it in the first 2 wks.

Go to the player editor section, (can't remember what its called) chose the team you want to modify, and then click on the first player in the team. The editor screen then comes up - don't bother changing the body size etc, just go to the abilities and skills on the right hand side and adjust the players percentages upwards. Then save the player to database and repeat for all the players.

You then have to do the same for all the other teams you want to pump up - but remember you have only got a limited number of edited players you can save in the database so, if you want to modify a few teams, only change the first 15 players not the subs. Its time consuming but worth it.

The alternative is you just modify the team you play with. i.e. bring percentages down.

Hope this helps

I Hate watching it with that camara angle as i want to see how gd it looks compared to like the tv

S

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 25 2005, 08:54 PM
Go to the player editor section, .......
Cheers mate! Appreciate it. Will try tonight....should help pass the time until 2005 shows up.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 25 2005, 01:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 25 2005, 01:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-flanku
@Feb 25 2005, 01:05 PM
Yawp. That was very cool.

And I love it in the 77th, just before that scrum, where the Pac Isles kick a grubber and it bounces off a Barbarians player -- little elements of chaos like that are awesome. [/b]
No doubt, really impressive if you study how many things are "right" in the films. I believe all of these subtelties will make for a helluva game.

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Feb 25 2005, 12:41 AM
Haven't played Rugby 2004 so can't compare it anything other than WCR. Rugby 2005 looks better than WCR but that's not saying too much.
your the luckiest person on earth!
<

Damn, I've tried to download this video four times. It keeps cutting out at 45% downloaded.
I can't wait to get rid of dial-up.

Latest posts