• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barcelona or Real Madrid

M

mati

These are the most important clubs in Spain, but which is the best? you decide

3077503.jpg
704191w.jpg

Both may be turning into <strike>Premiership</strike> "The Premier League"s retirement homes, but of the pair nigh on everybody prefers the Catalans.

Mostly these days because of Ronaldinhio-McDonald.

A rather interesting question although not as simple as just answering in favour of the team you support either.

In terms of history Real Madrid have been there and got the t-shirt, whereas Barca are relative novices on the European stage with only 2 European Cups compared to Real's whatever number it is at this stage.

I would think that for Barcelona supporters there is a stronger link to their team as they see them as representative of the Catalan Nation whereas I wouldn't think there is that association with the Madrid fans.

I'm not sure of who is the bigger financial power between the two but Madrid seem to have had the advantage in recent years and Barca seem to be playing catch-up with their signings of Ronaldinho and latterly Henry.

When you look at the teams of the past that Real have produced and then compare their recent behaviour of just buying up Galacticos left, right and centre it does seem like their standing is falling despite winning the league last year, there didn't seem to be the satisfaction levels that you'd expect from the fans whereas the approach and the football that Barca play seems to have given them a more recent edge, whether it is something that can be built on we can only wait and see.

That's a no brainer.

Barca : Mes que une club

Real : Vulgar money-club & former Franco plaything

When Barca finally went out and got a name across the front of their shirt they picked Unicef and actually made a donation for the privelige.

A rather interesting question although not as simple as just answering in favour of the team you support either.

In terms of history Real Madrid have been there and got the t-shirt, whereas Barca are relative novices on the European stage with only 2 European Cups compared to Real's whatever number it is at this stage.

I would think that for Barcelona supporters there is a stronger link to their team as they see them as representative of the Catalan Nation whereas I wouldn't think there is that association with the Madrid fans.

I'm not sure of who is the bigger financial power between the two but Madrid seem to have had the advantage in recent years and Barca seem to be playing catch-up with their signings of Ronaldinho and latterly Henry.

When you look at the teams of the past that Real have produced and then compare their recent behaviour of just buying up Galacticos left, right and centre it does seem like their standing is falling despite winning the league last year, there didn't seem to be the satisfaction levels that you'd expect from the fans whereas the approach and the football that Barca play seems to have given them a more recent edge, whether it is something that can be built on we can only wait and see. [/b]

Well in any Spanish village there are two penas one for Madrid and the other one for Barcelona so they have a strong fan base outside of their regions.

Otherwhise that's poofball and this fills many pages in many newspapers which actually is useful when you are short of paper in your bathroom.

interesting discussion. but I belive that the best is the club of my loves, your club of your loves, the rest is business :bravo:

Barca's better! At least they use their new expensive players on the pitch, and not to be injured or be placed on the bench!

i think the real has more fans around spain than barca for the simple reason that barca is not spanish ...

for this season, barca has done a much better recruitment than real : henry for 25m where real got nene for 30m

real will stay ahead of barca until the catalans win 7 new ChL

Latest posts