• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baselayers

B

bates

Hi everybody,

Since this year I'm using the Canterbury layer while sporting ( the one that prevents that you rmuscles getting sour and that they recuperate faster). Tbh I'm not feeling that much difference and after 10 months of sporting with them my shirt is always going up and my pants is going down :)

I don't need to say that I'm thinking of buying a new baselayer outfit but this time a decent one. :D

Which one do you guys use? Any pro's -contras

I know nowwadays every sportbrnad has his own baselayer but the offer is too big and I don't know which one to choose.
you have; CCC, under armor, Adidas, Nike, Skins,etc...

So far I've hear pretty good things about skins.

But all your opininons are welcome.

Thanks

I've heard great things about Skins, but i can't justify £50 on a base layer :p

I own a Canterbury hot, and found it didn't work/did the opposite, and made me warmer, apparently their Cold range is really good, though. I've also heard very good things about Under Armour, and a couple of guys on my league team wear it, and i've never heard any complaints.
When i play i wear a pair of cotton traders under shorts (just because they cost £5 in my local sports shop), and if it's especially cold/muddy, i wear a nike pro long sleeve base layer, as it takes the edge off, and doesn't get too warm when running around. It also stops parts of my arms getting covered in thick mud-slime (which is everywhere in wales), so it's easier to get clean in the shower afterwards :p

How much are those nike base layers?
I know only one shop in Belgium that sells Skins, Adidas and Nike, but I forgot to check the price when I was there last Saturday

Found a shop in my city where they sell the Adidas and Nike Range.
Which one do you prefer.

The composition of the Nike material is thicker than adidas which may be an advantage in Autumn/winter.

thanks

Only ever used adidas boots/trainers, so have no experience with their base layers,
All i know is that my nike one works well enough

Latest posts