• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Basic PS2 tips

S

St Helens RLFC

Right chuckleheads...

Just got this yesterday. I am struggling to do anything much. I got biffed by Fiji when I was Australia, and I eventually pulled clear of Canada when I was South Africa.

How do I no nice fancy flowery moves like the CPU?

It just takes time to get used to the controller. I've never played it on PC, only PS2.

Use the advanced traning! :p

Seriously, the sep piece moves are activated by pressing one of the 4 directions (ie, Up, Down, Left or Right) on the D-pad when the ball is tied up in a ruck, maul or scrum. The flashing cursor will let you know when it's ready to use.

You'll need a lot of practice... The tourney's gonna be on Xbox... Different button layout!!!

yeah but if you have a bit of practice and work out the moves and stuff its not much of a change to play on xbox.

i was a pc player, the buttons are screwed up on my controller. i played pretty well and was competitive in more than a couple of matches. you will do fine.

the graphics are miles better on xbox that ps2 so you will love it come torny time just ask for a couple of practice games to get the buttons. i am sure no1 will say no.

Gee just lost to oNE of my students....WHAT THE HELL!!!!

The kids play the xbox version during freetime (end of year time is all free time lol!). One kid has emerged as the number one in the school. The rules are by next point scorer wins and someone else takes the controller. This kid had beaten 20 kids in a row and the score was 100 something to nil.

I came on arrogantly...after a few stuff ups and turnovers I started to sweat. Next thing you know he is one on one with my fullback and just gasses Latham (he had Gear)......the kids were as shocked as I was! Then the bell went so no chance for revenge...

VERY embarressing....I need to redeem myself on Monday and play him in a full game!

This happened 5 hours ago and I am still depressed!

Well today I wanted my revenge on my student for embaressing me last Friday in front of everyone. So I challenged him to a game at morning tea.

I was a bit nervous about playing him because I was wondering if he was really that good....or it was his lucky day.

We kicked off and the game seemed tight.....I was Ireland and he was the All Blacks. Within a minute of real time he was crossing the line!

As you can imagine I REALLY started to doubt my ability....and the skill level of the entire TRF NZ tournament!!

Luckily the game is longer than that....when I was getting close to scoring 100 unanswered points I gave up.

Whew!

Latest posts