• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath bolstered by Skirving's signature

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.bathrugby.com/7738.php

Bath Rugby have announced that Ben Skirving will be joining the club on a two-year deal at the start of the 2009/10 season. A regular starter for Saracens since graduating from their Academy in 2002, the powerful number eight has racked up over 150 first team appearances, scoring 15 tries to date, including a career-best figure of five during the 2007/08 season.

Having excelled in the England Sevens team, the forward's impressive club form led to an international call up in June 2007 and a first cap against South Africa when he faced Butch James in the Springbok team.

“I have always admired Bath Rugby and all its tradition,†admitted Skirving earlier today. “They have had a good season this year and have big ambitions for the future and I really want to be a part of that.

“They are striving for the best right now and I am really looking forward to joining the club at the start of next season.â€

Equally as delighted with the acquisition of the number eight, Head Coach Steve Meehan believes Ben will slot in perfectly at The Rec.

“Ben represents the character that we want at Bath Rugby,†admitted Meehan. “He is well known and respected for his hard work and dependability and he is another player that we believe will improve in the Bath environment.

“He has not yet reached his peak and I look forward to seeing him do that in front of his new supporters and alongside his new team-mates here at The Rec.â€[/b]

Looking forward to this signing, there also a couple more due to come through at the end of the season, lets hope for an impressive end to the season and a cracking season next year...

He is a very good player, consistent in his performances for Saracens and previously for Bishops Stortford and will add to Bath's pack I think.

Goes to show you don't need to spend megabucks to get mega-players.

We really need an 8 for next season, and this looks like a very good signing. we'll get a chance to see more of him next weekend hopefully

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Apr 20 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We really need an 8 for next season, and this looks like a very good signing. we'll get a chance to see more of him next weekend hopefully[/b]

In fairness you couldn't do worse then the part-time number 8 / part time cokehead, Daniel Browne. Has he gone on a hiatus from Bath yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He is a very good player, consistent in his performances for Saracens and previously for Bishops Stortford and will add to Bath's pack I think.

Goes to show you don't need to spend megabucks to get mega-players.[/b]
He`s a good eight or six but mega-player?

He's been in the engine room of one of Saracen's strongest packs for years. One which ran riot over the likes of Munster and Biarritz at times.

He had a factor but even GOD can do so much. The effort from the Sarries pack in that semi-final was nothing short of phenominal.

Latest posts