• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath Fans; Opinions on Matt Banahan...

H

Hall

There's a lot of hype around the guy, mind you why wouldn't there be? A 6'7 18st winger doesn't come around very often.

I know he scored against us the other week but I don't get to see him regularly. What do you make of him? Does he live up to the hype? Is he a future England player?

I know his try won the game for them the other week but I'm asking this from an England fans perspective rather than just a Sale fan's perspective.

Well I like him as a player, he has very good hands although his catching needs some work on... He has pace which can be turned on at any point, and he reads the play of the game very well...

I would easily say he is a great prospect for an England shirt.

The other advantage is that when needed to he will enter the line out and lift, which is great advantage to have...

All in all a great talent for the England setup...

Banahan is a rising talent, he is not the finished article but has been capped by the Saxons i think. He is a good player at club level, but perhaps a few years off test level. He used to play lock i think, and was then converted to a wing.

Positional sense when teams are playing territory is questionable at best but he is an asset to any club side. Wouldn't touch him at international level yet.

Latest posts