• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath make a 'small' signing

I thought he died and was made into a national martyr after the Welsh world cup game...

Intresting, could be good for Bath especially as James is out for a qhile.

Ali12, could Jack Cuthbert be used at 10? Know he's got a good boot on him, could he got from 15 to 10.

If I were Bath I'd sign a bunch of players/ undercover policemen so they can weasle out all of the idiots who are doing coke. They're already arrogant enough from their profession and their superman physiques; of all drugs why pick cocaine!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 20 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ali12, could Jack Cuthbert be used at 10? Know he's got a good boot on him, could he got from 15 to 10.[/b]

As far as i know he prefers outside centre but is used at full-back as he's the only cover we have for Maddock/Abendanon. He does have a good boot but i don't think he'll get the opportunity to play 10 with James, Davis, Little and Barkley who can all play there. I'm sure in an emergency he wouldn't be too bad an option, but even saying that we've got Paul Roberts in the academy who should get a few games this season.

Also, we need him at outside centre, because tbh its our weakest position - Carraro and Cheeseman are the only other players who regularly play 13, and none of them are going to set the world alight. Hape will probably move there from 12 this season, but it may not be the right position for him, so Cuthbert may well get a fair few games there this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 20 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 20 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ali12, could Jack Cuthbert be used at 10? Know he's got a good boot on him, could he got from 15 to 10.[/b]

As far as i know he prefers outside centre but is used at full-back as he's the only cover we have for Maddock/Abendanon. He does have a good boot but i don't think he'll get the opportunity to play 10 with James, Davis, Little and Barkley who can all play there. I'm sure in an emergency he wouldn't be too bad an option, but even saying that we've got Paul Roberts in the academy who should get a few games this season.

Also, we need him at outside centre, because tbh its our weakest position - Carraro and Cheeseman are the only other players who regularly play 13, and none of them are going to set the world alight. Hape will probably move there from 12 this season, but it may not be the right position for him, so Cuthbert may well get a fair few games there this season.
[/b][/quote]

I remeber I played cricket with Cuthbert for Weston-Super-Mare U17's I think it was, I ran him out on 70-odd. :lol:

I love how Harlequins get fine 250k and Tom Williams gets banned for 12 months for a wink, while Justin Harrison takes cocaine and advocates drugs and gets banned for 8 months. Nice message you're sending out RFU!

Okay kids, it's fine if you take cocaine, just don't wink at your coach while you're doing it'

And then there's gouging, how is faking an injury 6 times worse than trying to rip someone's eye out.

It really makes no sense to me.

<div align='center'>
ironhide_facepalm.jpg
</div>

Atr 32, he's obviously a signing for the future isn't he? Much better choice than some young up and coming English fly half, who might grow to become a good player for England.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 20 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Atr 32, he's obviously a signing for the future isn't he? Much better choice than some young up and coming English fly half, who might grow to become a good player for England.[/b]

The chance of Bath finding that dream player so late in the summer was virtually none. It was only because of the mentioned circumstances and Butch James injury late in the season that Bath were forced to find a replacement anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 21 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 20 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atr 32, he's obviously a signing for the future isn't he? Much better choice than some young up and coming English fly half, who might grow to become a good player for England.[/b]

The chance of Bath finding that dream player so late in the summer was virtually none. It was only because of the mentioned circumstances and Butch James injury late in the season that Bath were forced to find a replacement anyway.
[/b][/quote]

Fair enough for that reason. Still, you guys need to start playing young un-tested domestic flyhalfs over there like we do. Not starting them, but giving them the last 20mins of matches that they can handle, then expanding their role. This over-reliance on foreign players isn't the answer to your international team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 20 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 21 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 20 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Fair enough for that reason. Still, you guys need to start playing young un-tested domestic flyhalfs over there like we do. Not starting them, but giving them the last 20mins of matches that they can handle, then expanding their role. This over-reliance on foreign players isn't the answer to your international team.
[/b][/quote]

To be fair, Bath's first choice fly half up until January will be Ryan Davis, an englishman who has been given chance after chance to find consistency after several long injuries. Also, Steve Meehan (head coach) said last week that Paul Roberts from the academy will be getting plenty of game time next season. Nicky Little is merely a short term solution.

Also, Bath have 37 players in the squad, 25 of whom are english. Thats over 2/3 and we have the 3rd highest English contingent in the league behind Newcastle and Wasps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 20 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 21 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

There needs to be a balance though, because a 10 is a vital position to a teams fortunes most sides plump for a experienced 10 which 9/10 times is an overseas.

If a 10 is good enough to step up then he will be noticed by the teams coaching staff or scouts etc like Cipriani, Gerahty(sp)

I'll butt in on Cipriani straight away - He's clearly got footballing skill, but I doubt he has anywhere near the brain power required to command a game at the top level. If he wasn't a Wasps player, he wouldn't be considered any better the Ryan Lamb, in fact probably be considered lower down the pecking order.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
haha. Sorry, how many Northampton players are in the EPS? tongue.gif[/b]

I'm staying out of this, for obvious reasons :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 20 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll butt in on Cipriani straight away - He's clearly got footballing skill, but I doubt he has anywhere near the brain power required to command a game at the top level. If he wasn't a Wasps player, he wouldn't be considered any better the Ryan Lamb, in fact probably be considered lower down the pecking order.[/b]

Gonna have to disagree with you, when Cipriani had just about his only half-decent game for England against Ireland he commanded the game as well as any fly-half i've seen. He certainly can do it, but he just has to do it more consistently.

Latest posts